• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

Talon Tunes - A Different Experience

I know I'm the odd one out on this but I recently purchased an item from Talon Tunes and had a poor customer service experience.

I guess when you purchase something for $200 it doesn't come with the same level of service as buying a 2k gun. Thing is the item was listed on the web site as a certain model but I received a different model (same manufacturer) not what I wanted. I immediately tried contacting Talon Tunes to let them know the mix up but never got a reply until a few days later after exhausting email and texts, I called direct and was able to talk to Tony. His attitude was a bit off putting as he questioned why I wanted that particular model and that it didn't perform different from other models and that he's been doing this for 20 years. He mentioned getting the right end cap but that wasn't the point, web site different than actual item and an end cap won't make it into what I wanted. He said to think about it and get back to him so we ended the call. I was put off by the response.

The following week I contact the shop first thing Monday and get voicemail. I wanted to send the item back for a refund. Again I didn't get a call, text or email back acknowledging so again a couple days later I called and talked to him again. This time I asked for a refund and he said ok, it seemed I was being a pain that this happened and then asked for a return label as well.

End of the day I returned the item with a full refund but the process was rough and took 2 weeks to get fixed with poor response to being contacted. I've been reluctant to post this because I don't like give bad reviews but I wanted to put it out there just in case someone has similar experience.

Scott, I see you are pretty new to the forum. I think Tony might be primarily a ‘one man operation,’ and responsiveness is sporadic at times, and I have experienced this as well.

Check out the ‘Industry feedback’ category and do a search on Talon Tunes. Spend some time and read some of the reviews, as the results are mixed on customer support.

Btw, you can use this Industry Feedback to search on all of the AGN Sponsors and vendors.

Reactions: Scott_R_FL
Well, that is indeed unfortunate. I personally have not experienced this side of Tony, but have heard about it on occasion. Maybe the man becomes irritated because of an error costing him time, hey , anyone is, BUT! You as the customer with a legitimate complaint, have every right to see it is corrected, and any vendor should do so cheerfully. This is the only way to succeed long term. Now I have heard similar issues in the past, almost exclusively on orders regarding accessories or parts. Whereas straight gun purchases have gone without a hitch. He may be human, but so are you, with feelings. Tony may have just cost himself a future customer. As for the OP , don't be reluctant to post about inferior service ever. It's the only way to ensure ongoing level of good service.

I know I'm the odd one out on this but I recently purchased an item from Talon Tunes and had a poor customer service experience.

I guess when you purchase something for $200 it doesn't come with the same level of service as buying a 2k gun. Thing is the item was listed on the web site as a certain model but I received a different model (same manufacturer) not what I wanted. I immediately tried contacting Talon Tunes to let them know the mix up but never got a reply until a few days later after exhausting email and texts, I called direct and was able to talk to Tony. His attitude was a bit off putting as he questioned why I wanted that particular model and that it didn't perform different from other models and that he's been doing this for 20 years. He mentioned getting the right end cap but that wasn't the point, web site different than actual item and an end cap won't make it into what I wanted. He said to think about it and get back to him so we ended the call. I was put off by the response.

The following week I contact the shop first thing Monday and get voicemail. I wanted to send the item back for a refund. Again I didn't get a call, text or email back acknowledging so again a couple days later I called and talked to him again. This time I asked for a refund and he said ok, it seemed I was being a pain that this happened and then asked for a return label as well.

End of the day I returned the item with a full refund but the process was rough and took 2 weeks to get fixed with poor response to being contacted. I've been reluctant to post this because I don't like give bad reviews but I wanted to put it out there just in case someone has similar experience.
This is a legitimate complaint