• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Talk me out of a Diana 56TH

YES buy it . but it may seem very hard to cock , the action takes the recoil out and also makes mostly not hold sensitive at all .
IT is a Magnum in .22 @ 23 FPE and .177 @ 19 FPE
I have one and it is accurate but on the heavy side .

oops typing error .

I like your attitude, sir. The 23fpe recoiless action is what's intriguing. I figure with a tune kit I can probably squeake a couple extra FPE out of the .22 but I could be wrong though. I really don't know that much about Diana

I can't find one thats the problem! I want one of the newer versions and I seem to be out of luck at the moment. Meanwhile, I still need my fix!
If you order from Krale it goes to back order and you get it when it comes in. You could ask them how far out and how many are currently on BO. Sometimes it’s fun to know it’s paid for and coming at some point. At least for me. Good luck. It’s worth the wait.

i think it's already hard to cock but i am 77. more FPE energy = more cocking pull . do you already have a magnum springer ?
I'm still 34 so I don't have any excuse for struggling with a magnum springer yet. I currently have a Gamo Magnum and a Walther Parrus, both putting out about 25fpe. The Parrus is my current project gun/ trying to learn how to shoot it well. I've had 1 great group and about 1,000 "meh" groups at 30m. We're getting there though.

If you order from Krale it goes to back order and you get it when it comes in. You could ask them how far out and how many are currently on BO. Sometimes it’s fun to know it’s paid for and coming at some point. At least for me. Good luck. It’s worth the wait.
I’ve had a HW98 in .20 on order with Krale for over a year now. Krale has no idea when a given gun will arrive, I’ve asked. Krale works through a supplier not directly with Weihrauch. I’ve emailed Weihrauch more than once trying to find out what’s up, they can’t even tell me. A .22 may be easier to get. Good thing is you don’t have to put any cash down until it shows up. Hope you get what you want, best of luck.

Reactions: mh and Sqwirl57
I’ve had a HW98 in .20 on order with Krale for over a year now. Krale has no idea when a given gun will arrive, I’ve asked. Krale works through a supplier not directly with Weihrauch. I’ve emailed Weihrauch more than once trying to find out what’s up, they can’t even tell me. A .22 may be easier to get. Good thing is you don’t have to put any cash down until it shows up. Hope you get what you want, best of luck.
A YEAR?!? You have the patience of a saint man. Is it possible to just order a different caliber now and then just place a special order for a .20 barrel for it? At least you'll get to enjoy it while you wait and make most of your money back selling the other barrel later.

I have owned a 56 and three 54s. No more. Not at all the quality of my Weihrauch rifles, very heavy, bore was oversized on my last one, my 98s and 97s and are R9s are far more pleasant to load, handle, and shoot, and just as accurate.

Definitely noted. Ive actually noticed that about the 54 and 56 when people post groups with them. For all the "advanced tech" in them, the groups weren't any better than what I've seen from my 97K's. My main reason for wanting one was because they were different than what I'm used to. Plus I wanted a bit of extra oomph that most HWs can't give you. Out of curiosity what calibers were yours?

So I have some cash burning a hole in my pocket and think the only responsible thing to do is get a new toy. I was thinking of grabbing an HW98 but then the .22 56 piqued my interest and think I should give it a try. Opinions?
Why talk you out of it? I have one Diana, and it shoots very well for me.

Reactions: Sqwirl57
Why talk you out of it? I have one Diana, and it shoots very well for me.

Honestly I don't want to be talked out of it. My mind was pretty much made up prior to making the post BUT if anyone had strong opinions of it in a negative way I am willing to hear them out. Hearing first hand experience is worth a heck of alot more to me than the 100s of "reviews" out there on YouTube these days. Everyone always skips over the negatives or at the very least sugar coats them so they can keep getting free toys to play with.

Definitely noted. Ive actually noticed that about the 54 and 56 when people post groups with them. For all the "advanced tech" in them, the groups weren't any better than what I've seen from my 97K's. My main reason for wanting one was because they were different than what I'm used to. Plus I wanted a bit of extra oomph that most HWs can't give you. Out of curiosity what calibers were yours?

Do you own an FWB150/300 by chance? If not, I'd definitely buy one of those instead for your sled rifle fix.

The 56 is overpriced, overweight, overpowered and is absolute hell on scopes. For anything I'd want to do with a springer, I've never seen the point. But, other people have different needs/expectations and that's cool.

Don't get in expecting the quality to be quite in par with a Weihrauch and you'll probably enjoy it.

If I HAD to have a Diana, I'd rather have the 48 personally. They can be pretty good shooters when detuned a fuzz in either caliber. The stocks are an absolute joke as far as ergonomics though. But they balance great IMO.

If you want one get one. Life's too short to miss your chance.

Reactions: mh and Sqwirl57