• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Taipan Veteran Standard .22 speed pellet

Hello, I just received taipan veteran standard .22 the current speed of the pellet is 950 pps with JSB HEAVY 18 grains,
what speed do I recommend for taipan .22, what speed do you have in taipan .22 to get great precision at long distance.

With which pellet they get better groups with their Taipan JSB HEAVY of 18 grains or JSB JUMBO 15 GRAINS and at what speeds.

I appreciate any advice you give me about this PCP, since my knowledge is very limited and I am very excited
about it to get great precision at long distance.

Thanks for your help. A greeting.

My Taipan Veteran Standard .22 caliber arrived from Talon Tunes a few weeks ago. Tony, the vendor, had the gun shooting at velocities of 915-930 FPS for approximately 34 FPE. The rifle is supremely accurate at this setting, shooting JSB 18.13gr pellets. I tested it at distances of 50, 75 and 100 yards with excellent results.

If my Veteran shot 950 FPS with the 18.13 gr. pellets, I would try JSB 25.4 gr pellets before making any adjustments.

Mine shoots 15.89 @ 930. Laser. If your happy with your groups and shot count, leave it. If not, back the HST out a little. 

Personally, I’ve never been one to max out the FPE. I like a balance of power and shot count. If I have a gun that maintains same groups shooting at 800fps and 950fps, I have a tendency to lean toward the 800.