• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Taipan Veteran 20 MOA rail

I don’t have the Taipan but I have other rifle with the 20moa rail. I usually sight them in at 75 yards and use the reticle at shorter and longer distance. I have found that even with the 20 moa I need to use adjustable rings to raise the back end to shoot at the longer distances up to 225 yard longer than that I haven’t been too good at being consistent. So my vote is for the + 20 moa rail but I think you should be given that option when you buy the gun. I have 40 moa on my 1000 yard 6.5 creedmore 

The scope and rings came off my impact. the turrets were roughly centered optically to achieve zero at 25 yds.

the 20moa rail is angled down (Causing poi to be high). To correct for this i had to adjust the turret very close to being maxed out.

what am I missing here? 

It makes sense to me that if you give yourself more long range adjustment by “pre angling” the rail 20moa down, you lose in the close range adjustability.

Hmmmm... Elevation adjustment range on a Hawke Sidewinder is 80 MOA. So if you were optically centered, that's 40 MOA up or down. So even counting the 20 MOA rail, that still leaves about 20 MOA to adjust. I've never run into this hand have the same scope on the 20 MOA rails on my Taipan and my EDgun... No issues, and about a full turn from the bottom when zero'd at 45 yards.