• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

survival pcp

bobby

Apr 19, 2015
Wv
I was bored and thinking about what would be the perfect pcp air rifle for a survival instance. So I think that you would have to have a hand pump, scope, ammo, and most importantly the gun. Mine would be fx bobcat 25 cal ,hill pump ,jsb and hawke sidewinder 8-32x56. Let me know what y'alls would be.

I think the 392 is perfect. And I actually bought a new one months back for that very reason. The indy has already proven to be a problem child and not something easy to fix when it breaks or corrodes apart. The Millennium Pumper would be the ulitimate survival airgun, but it is yet to prove itself long term as it is very new to the market.

I'd think a .177 12 ft/lb rifle with a large cylinder/bottle such as a Bobcat or FX Royale 400. You can get several hundred shots per fill, and it's still capable enough to hunt small game for food. If you're a good hunter and a good shot, a pygmy bottle with a setup like that could potentially last several months to a year if you were just using it for survival.

"hasenpfeffer"In everything from home electronics to hand tools, I've learned to distrust "all-in-one" solutions because when one part breaks, the whole thing is broken. If the stand-alone FX pump is too bulky to carry in the field, it seems like there would be a market for a smaller pump, not a rifle with a built-in pump.
In general I agree, but the Indy can also be filled with a stand alone pump or scuba tank just like a regular PCP. So unless a check valve suffers a catastrophic failure it would work as well as any other PCP or Pumper even if the pump that's built in fails. I think in a survival scenario, I'd focus on becoming proficient with a slingshot and bow though. The PCP would be a nice bonus but eventually seals and valves will fail.