• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Suggestions on a PCP rifle

I hand pumped my 25 Avenger for months. I happily purchased a Yong Heng and later a SCBA tank, however. Pumping to 300 bar is a ton of work but you don't have to fill that high to get a reasonable number of shots. I think an Avenger is up to $350 minimum these days and you'll also need a hand pump (I recommend a cheap chinese one from Amazon or AlliExpress) and a scope.

I flipped the pages of a Pyramid Air catalog beside my recliner and the cheapest PCP I saw is a Gama arrow for $220. It comes in 177. I don't know anything about it but Gamo has a decent reputation. Next would be a Diana Stormrider with pump for $350 or a Umarex Origin available with pump for $360 or without for $315. I've seen bad reports on the pumps included in these deals, however. I've also seen favorable reviews of the Origin so I'd probably buy it without pump and add one upping the cost to more like $375. For an inexpensive but very usable scope I recommend a Hawke Vantage. The Origin is side cocking which is a desirable feature. But the total cost would be about $500. The benefit would be a lot of fun.

Crosman has the 1701 and the 1720
Artemis has the pp700 and pp750
First two are single loaders and the second from each manufacturer take clips. All are pistols some come with stocks or you can add stocks for a steadier shot.
I would think all would be best fitted with a sound reducer (moderator) on the end but that can come later for additional $150 ish average fir the adaptor and the moderator small one of your choice.
Get a cheap pump from amazon $35-60

Optics should be added too but that is up to you on what type red dot or scope and price cheap $30-$250.
Red dot allows you to use as a pistol or with the buttstock but scopes as you may well know you would need to choose one,pistol scope, or the other, rifle scope. These are just some lots of other options too.

I have been shooting a break barrel rifle to pop some pesky chipmunks that dig around my foundation. I am considering something that I do not have to cock each time. Looking for suggestions for a PCP rifle with decent accuracy in .17 caliber. Would like to stay below $300. Thanks
Once you try a PCP you'll be amazed how much more accurate you will be compared to a springer,......think about not limiting yourself to 300 bucks, an extra 200 will give you a much broader spectrum of options.

Reactions: WorriedMan
Captain,
AirArcher is correct. Pyramyd Air notes an expected delivery date of Oct. 24 for the much-anticipated JTS Airacuda. Don't think a .177 is available but the unregulated standard Airacuda in .22 is $320. Watch the reviews on YouTube, don't think more "bang-for-your-buck" in a starter PCP is out there. WM
No telling whats going to pop up about black friday/xmas sales . Then what the referb bin will hold after new years..

The Stoeger XM1, in long-gun form or the new bullpup version, is a winner. The long version comes with or without a moderator; it has quite a bark without so consider the version with the factory moderator if noise is an issue for you. The bullpup is, i believe, shrouded and so remains reasonable quiet. All .177 XM1s come with two 9-shot mags and a single-shot tray. Smooth bolt action, reliable, and accurate in my experience, and below the $300 price point.

Heard good things about the JTS Airacuda rifle, think the unregulated rifles are like $320

C38479EE-4A08-42EF-9882-8C6CD9901522.png