• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Sub 12 ft lb Rifle in the States

There are several options out there in the U.S. A full power model with adjustable power would do the trick, but as it was mentioned earlier, the transfer port and hammer spring were not set up for low power so it won't be as efficient as a sub 12 rifle. The Maximus is available in sub 12, but I already have a full power version and would like something a little more refined (better trigger to begin with). The Huntsman in sub 12 is an option, but for that kind of money I'd like it to be regulated. Same goes for the TDR. I could always slap one in myself I guess. I can see how it wouldn't be cost effective to import both versions here when there are many rifles with the adjustable power. If I was going to go with an adjustable power rifle, I think I'd be better off just getting a .177 cal barrel for the Impact if they are available in the states yet. That's a good question, is the .177 barrel available for the Impact in the U.S. yet?

Just a suggestion but does the gun have to be a 12 lb???

I have a Marauder Pistol which is about a 14 lb Gun. But 15 yards and under, I have killed more squirrels with my 6 lb CO2 2250 Rat Catcher shooting Walmart pellets. The 2240, 2250 and 2400 are pretty much the same gun and can take the same stock as the Marauder Pistol. They make a nice little carbine for under $ 100.00. My scope cost twice the gun but I shoot the tails off Geckos with it.

Like you, my main concern is stray pellets hitting something. Therefore I have certain Kill zones with solid back drops in my yard. But even then why shoot an Ant with an Elephant gun.