• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

STX installation for Impact

I just received my STX barrel kit for my Impact and noticed there’s no cavity for the barrel set screw. How does the barrel stay in the Impact securely?
1528057327_8259039265b144defbff197.91711466_532F49AC-90A3-4B5F-8ECC-AA6A78A26CB7.jpeg

I just got mine yesterday. As with the standard ST barrel, there is an index notch with the STX. Insert the barrel as u normally would do with the TP and notch facing downward. When you reach the end of travel, slightly twist the barrel CW and CCW to insure notch is seated looking for the center point. It will rotate only a fraction of a degree in either direction. Gently twist back and forth as you slowly tighten the barrel hold down grub screw, (hopefully u got this screw with the barrel), all the while going for the center point until you no longer feel any play. Then snug it up and voila. Usually while loose, I go back and forth finding the halfway point then begin slowly tighten as I twist back a bit forth. You’ll feel it. 

The fixing method is slightly different now. Instead of your old thumb screw you need a grub screw. It just tightens against the stainless collar on the barrel. It works a lot better and doesn’t work loose as the old thumb screw occasionally would. You just tighten it down with an Allen key. 
It’s an M6 screw. Ernest explains is this video. 
https://youtu.be/KRXRCjHLbQM

"EliteAirgunr"The grub screw only allows you to tighten
it more than you could with thumb screen and at that point it is overkill. Thumb screw is completely fine to use. If you didn't have any trouble with it backing out before the stx barrel, you won't have have any troubles now.
The Thumb screw is shaped to go into the divot. It has a rounded end. The grub screw has a edge on it and as Ernest showed it slightly cuts into the stainless collar on the barrel. It doesn’t need to be as tight and doesn’t move. It was introduced by FX to overcome the problem of the thumb screw backing out. 
Michael