• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Stupid mistake while removing jammed pellets.

The magazine that came with my FX wildcat was not set up properly ( pellet doesn’t advance it smoothly due to low spring power). So, I jammed the barrel with few pellets and I was stupid enough to use one steel rod trying to clear it without even removing the moderator and barrel. Without knowing where the exact location of the jam I applied a mild pressure by hammering it but the pellets never came out 😃😃. After spending a good three days to put the magazine back without success, I realized that the barrel has taken all the pressure and pushed out a piece of metal in the chamber ( picture attached). I filed the protruding metal off but looks so ugly now, lesson learned 😀😀

3D1C9667-CAB2-4EB7-9563-388B56FE8A20.jpeg

The magazine that came with my FX wildcat was not set up properly ( pellet doesn’t advance it smoothly due to low spring power). So, I jammed the barrel with few pellets and I was stupid enough to use one steel rod trying to clear it without even removing the moderator and barrel. Without knowing where the exact location of the jam I applied a mild pressure by hammering it but the pellets never came out 😃😃. After spending a good three days to put the magazine back without success, I realized that the barrel has taken all the pressure and pushed out a piece of metal in the chamber ( picture attached). I filed the protruding metal off but looks so ugly now, lesson learned 😀😀

View attachment 362599
You may have ruined the action and the barrel :{