• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Stuff you forgot you have!

It's been raining off and on these past couple of days so there was no better time to clean up and organize my gun room after work yesterday. As I was picking up I noticed a tube which had a barrel in it propped up in the corner. I bought this HW 22cal 24"barrel for a project from Mac 1 years ago.. I had it on a QB78 that I made into a PCP.. later I made it a 25cal and forgot about the 22 barrel.. thinking back this is a very accurate barrel I had in mind for a later project someday. Today I think I have decided to machine it to use on my RTI compact. I thinking it would be a great project and shooter..
IMG_2023-05-02-09-16-37-152.jpg

Ha...a little "off topic", but right in line with Jasons original post.

I started putting together parts to build a hot rod engine for one of my cars. Kind of an oddball combination. I found a carburetor that "should" work pretty well, even though it is a little large. It's also..."expensive".
Well, the build has sort of taken a hiatus, for a coupla reasons. After some time, I decided to get things going again.

Well, without taking an "actual" stock of the parts that I have, I was looking through a carburetor catalog, and..."found"...what should be a very good match to the engine. So I laid out the $825 for it. Had to wait a while as it was a special order. Received, I took a look and put it in the pile of parts that I have.
As I did that...I noticed another carburetor box. I looked at the part number on the box...the SAME $825 carburetor !
Special order, can't be returned...

At least I'm consistent !

Mike