• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Strelok question!

Well I'm starting to input more info into Strelok and pretty amazed by how close the info gives me the impact point. I want to input wind and learn more about how wind affects POI.

My question is let's say I zero at 200 yards in current weather conditions but with no wind. But as the day goes by the wind picks up. Well, for one my zero at 200 yards was with zero wind. Now there is 5 mph from -126 degrees. I guess I input 5 mph from -126 degrees but doesn't that mean I need to change my zero too? Some how I m not wrapping my head around this and my brain is about to burst. 🤯

Allen

Well I'm starting to input more info into Strelok and pretty amazed by how close the info gives me the impact point. I want to input wind and learn more about how wind affects POI.

My question is let's say I zero at 200 yards in current weather conditions but with no wind. But as the day goes by the wind picks up. Well, for one my zero at 200 yards was with zero wind. Now there is 5 mph from -126 degrees. I guess I input 5 mph from -126 degrees but doesn't that mean I need to change my zero too? Some how I m not wrapping my head around this and my brain is about to burst. 🤯

Allen
To me: you're thinking about it too much OUTSIDE of looking through your scope.
I shoot and then take note of changes 🤷‍♂️ if the app is confusing you; don't think about the app for a bit and focus on what's happening when/after it happens...not before🤙

Thats kind of what I kind of figured what will work for me. It's just so hard sometimes when the app is so feature rich. There is a function where there is a zero weather .

Click

Screenshot_20230329_183232_Gallery.jpg

Then click.
Screenshot_20230329_183444_Gallery.jpg

And finally i checked off this box here.

Screenshot_20230329-183339_Strelok Pro.jpg

Enable zero weather. That way whatever conditions you zeroed the scope that can be your reference zero to work off of.

Thanks, now which kestrel should I get? 🤔

🤣

Allen

Reactions: qball
Kestrel? You don't really need no stinking kestrel, just get weather condition using the web weather station feature and then guesstimate the wind.

Screenshot 2023-03-29 at 9.59.01 PM.png

If you got money burning a hole in your pocket then get weather flow meter with built in compass then set it up on a weather vane near where you shoot. It connects to strelok via Bluetooth and provides live firing solution for that second, I have it and it's more work than it's worth! LOL

Last edited:
To me: you're thinking about it too much OUTSIDE of looking through your scope.
I shoot and then take note of changes 🤷‍♂️ if the app is confusing you; don't think about the app for a bit and focus on what's happening when/after it happens...not before🤙
Lol actually I think I am looking through the scope way too much and need to take a step back so I don't walk around in too many circles all morning. When I first started going beyond 100 I was just lobbing and correcting. It was fun until I was Lobbing so many slugs just to hit one time. I had strelok for a long time but it was intimidating. At the same time I got tired of chasing the impacts. I started inputting lines one at a time and now I have a better understanding of how strelok can predict where I need to be. The wind will move a slug quite a bit during in 300 yards of flight. And when it switches back and forth.. 😵‍💫

Allen

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
Some reviews claiming this one works much better then Kestrel for a fraction of a cost.
I got two - the blue is for cellphones (cellphones have built in compass) and the brown for tablets (not many tablets lately have built in compass so this unit have it built into the meter).
Since I don't use Strelok Pro on my cellphone but I have a dedicated tablet for it - everything outdoors and shooting related ... and I am using the brown unit... both supported by Strelok.

20221104_202809.jpg

wind indicator.JPG

Last year I was not ready for windflags but the next season I am planning long ranges, so the wind direction reading will be my #1 priority.
Strelok can and will help me.