• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Strelok Pro and the .25 heavies

Txboy

Jun 23, 2015
TX
Im super excited that this program works as well as it does. Matched with the .25 heavies mk1's it's hard to miss. I was a little reluctant to spend the ten bucks for the app and then it not work. All's I have to say is wow. I wish I had a scope cam to video some of the shots I made out to 125 yards on sparrows. I have a FFP scope so it makes the set up easy matched with the Weather Flow Wind meter you can't go wrong. Sorry for rambling just excited. 

"Txboy"Im super excited that this program works as well as it does. Matched with the .25 heavies mk1's it's hard to miss. I was a little reluctant to spend the ten bucks for the app and then it not work. All's I have to say is wow. I wish I had a scope cam to video some of the shots I made out to 125 yards on sparrows. I have a FFP scope so it makes the set up easy matched with the Weather Flow Wind meter you can't go wrong. Sorry for rambling just excited.
Yep. I second that. I use the Sterlok with all kinds of pellets. As long as you punch in the pellet details and the BC, the app is Accurate to the dot. Sterlok solved a lot of my mathematical challenges. I printed the reticle , laminated it and now use it as my range card. I even took a snapshot and use it as my iPhone background. Helps memorise the holdover points. Hopefully over time I'll have memorised all the points and won't need to use the app. 

I do think with Strelok Pro you can eventually memorize the holdover points, or like you said, print it out and put it in your scope cap. For me, it's range estimation that is the biggest issue. I need a range finder!

Or I need to find a wheel that fits the parallax on the Falcon scope and take the time to mark it properly.

I've personally never used chairgun, but I found Strelok so ridiculously simple and accurate to use, I never thought of trying anything else. I find the target range, wind, angle, pop it into Strelok on my phone, and it shows me my scope's reticle and where to hold or how much to adjust turrets. The table can be adjusted to show anything you want, I don't have windage in my table, but you can put it there. Lots of other options, too many to show.

It's neat!

I like how chairgun has specific reticles and integrated pellet data base so you dont have to enter so much data. Chairgun has the same features like telling you how many clicks you need to hit the target, wind drift, printable scope tapes and some other features. Both do everything you need and really boils down to which interface you prefer.

Ok, I'm not having quite the luck with strelok pro as mentioned here, if it says 5.3 pellet impact maybe 6 then two days later an 20 degree temp change and different range it will tell me 4.2 and the pellet will impact 2.8.. All my data appeaser correct, I've change the BC several time bases on pellet velocity at two know distances and using different impact points at known distances and nothing has given me reliable data from day to day.

second the BC monk shine offered was foe smooth twist not CZ barrels of the Vulcan.
i also see you changed the bullet length, strelok tells you 1.25 for .25 cal heavies which is very strange being all the others pellet lengths are correct.

Daxx why would your zeroing weather match your current weather?