• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Strelok on new phone

Just a head's up, I have Strelok Pro on my Samsung S20+ phone from before the embargo. My phone crapped the bed yesterday and I received a replacement phone (same model). Using Smart Switch and backing up my Strelok data to Google Drive, I now have Strelok Pro running on my new phone.

The reason I mention this is because I started to buy a new phone a couple of weeks ago and didn't because I was concerned about being able to transfer Strelok Pro. Turns out it was not an issue. I would recommended backing up your rifle data periodically in case you lose access to your current phone.

iPhones seem to update differently. If you have an app on your iPhone and you just are updating the OS, then you should probably be OK.

The problem with iPhones is when you switch devices..IE buy a new phone. A Cloud backup on an iPhone DOES NOT backup the app. It only backs up the app data. The new phone will try to pull the app from the App Store to the new device. If the app is not longer "available". then you're hosed.

Unless you save your old iPhone.

If you have the old phone there's a YouTube "workaround" to copy the app from the old device to the new one.

Can't this app be saved on a laptop computer for easy transferring to and from?
As the other member stated, the app isn’t backed up (saved on the laptop) anymore. Only the data. I had to upgrade my IPhone, and I can’t get it back either.

This isn’t an update issue, for those saying you updated and still have it. It is when you don’t have the app, you can’t get it back.

Another thing I noticed.....

I got a new iPhone several months ago and like everyone says, the Strelok Pro icon is there but doesn't work.
Luckily I kept my old iPhone and Strelok Pro is still working on that one.

What I found out though is that the old iPhone doesn't seem to be able to back up my data to "the cloud" so that I can sync the data with the Strelok Pro app on my iPad.
I used to be able to do this.
Sorry, don't have any answers to help myself or others out there.