• *Effective 3/27/2024 - The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Stormrider Moderator Test

I've been working on moderator design the last several weeks. Each week edging a bit closer to something I hope will be competitive in the market place. I have a couple of members shooting them as I build them to test principally for accuracy but also asthetics and other criteria they feel is important. Yesterday I sent one (which is very close to being a finalized design) to them to test. I am hoping that they have some feedback around next week. Fingers are crossed for accuracy.

Yesterday I also built another moderator for test on my Stormrider, which has an exceptional stock moderator. The stock moderator on that Stormrider is the quietest I have tested on that rifle. I have three commercial grade moderators. All three of them were six to ten decibels louder than that stock can! The moderator I built yesterday gave me these results against the stock Stormrider moderator. It has not been tested for accuracy.

Stormrider-Test-2.png

You will observe it to be almost 3 deciBells better than the stock moderator. Very happy.

That moderator is built on 25 x 23 mm Carbon Fiber tube. It is 132mm x 25mm and weighs about 3.5 - 4 ounces. It is the quietest moderator I have ever shot on my 56 FPE Condor (if only one shot can be judged).

sr1.jpg

sr2.jpg

sr3.jpg

sr4.jpg

Next I think I will test to see how it scales.

Last edited: