• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

Stock combs

I have a Benjamin Trail NP XL1100, but from what I've seen this complaint is pretty general for under-$1000 rifles. Stock combs are either inadequate or totally nonexistent across the board. Manufacturers are using stock designs that would be appropriate for rifles with iron sights, on rifles that come with scopes and sometimes don't even have iron sights. It's all the more annoying when you consider that we're talking about an inch of wood that was probably just cut off and thrown away.

Reactions: Michael
Well said! My "cheek weld" is actually more of a "jaw or chin weld." This on rifles that didn't come equipped with iron sights. Same problem shared among my Crosman/Hatsan/Umarex guns. I suppose if I were any kind of competent in wood working, I could just modify most stocks to make them have adjustable combs...but I measure twice and cut wrong, every time! ;)