• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

started making my pellet sizer

Made a little video of how the pellet sizer works. Its a little unorthodox how i have it set up but it made sense to me to set it up upside down to get the best out of it.. It lines up the pellet better and the little catch container is simple and works good. You can change out the dies quick. And with a little help with the magnet I keep on the loader it helps out on getting the die out of the holder quicker. 

So now all I need is some time to try out the pellets and see how much this helps or see if I need to get back to the drawling board. : )
Richard

Yeah, Instamorph is awesome stuff. That ergonomic shape you see on the probe took me about 10 seconds to 'sculpt' ... Just melted a couple ounces, made into a ball, and squeezed in my right hand - out comes a perfectly fitting, custom grip. Put aside, wait for 10 min, and its so hard and tough - you can drive a car over it. If you don't like it - just pour boiling water, and re-shape.
I've done a ton of prototyping with instamorph, and possibilities are limitless, not just for airguns but for other things around the house, etc. I once chose to built a full prototype robot out of it, and that's considering I had access to a $250,000 3d printer. Way faster, if you are doing one-off organic shapes and more durable. Kids love it too for all kinds of permanent, yet easily re-usable craft. A pound goes a long way.

A tip - don't melt in a cup - put a plastic bag inside the cup, pour boiling water over it, and then pour the instamorth pellets - it does not stick to plastic bag material, but will stick to ceramics, etch when melted. Also, don't overheat, i.e. in microwave - it will ruin the plastic.

Took my rifle out today and tried some of my sized pellets.
The range I belong to is only 25 yards indoors....so that is what I used. Out of my .25 cal.....the .253 shot the best. I will put pics up later to show you some of the groups. I tried a few times with undersized pellets out of the box and they couldn't match the sized pellets. So to me its worth the effort. I will be doing a lot more testing at longer ranges as soon as the weather and work lets me..... : )
richard

Here are some pic of my targets with some of the pellets sized and some not at 25 yards. One clip at each target...9 shots.

This one is unsorted out of the box. not sized. This is just one of many that I shot. All ended up much like this target.

This one was not sized ...

Same with this one... unsized.

This was sized to .254 ...All groups that I shot with .254 were close to the same.

This was shot with .253 ... Most of the groups shot with pellets sized to .253 shot a tight groups.

This is just a start...there has to be a lot more testing to be done but to me sizing seemed to help......We are getting snow as i type...Blizzard warnings.....Sooo I wont be getting any outside shooting done for a few days....8 to 12 in..... ggeeezzzz ....Snow.. who needs it..... : ) Not me.... : ) I will find out how much it help when I can get outside and stretch out the yardage. If you have any comments just let me know.
Richard