• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

ST barrels and cleaning frequency

Interesting...

I've probably only put maybe 1800 pellets through mine so far, and until recently severly understimated the need for cleaning because of what I'd read about ST barrels. I have been very dissapointed with the consistency of the rifle in general and tried a lot of things to improve it so cannot say that cleaning alone made all the difference, but a full clean with Napier cleaner between shooting days and then a regular dry patch during a session is what I am doing currently and not waiting to get to the point where the groups are opening up. 

When I have got to the point of some kind of satisfactory consistency (not too far off I feel...) I might relax the cleaning and see just how much / little is really needed.

I'm not using any kind of cleaning products, just a some dry patches until they came fully clean. At that point i shoot some pellets in order to settle down the barrel again and that's it. I can't talk about pushing the pellets though the barrel because i have never done it before. Anyways, try to do it with jsb 18.1 5.52 and see what you get. Those are the best pellets for this barrel so that could explain why you need more force in order to pull h&n though it. With what pellets and speed are you shooting?

"Menttaliist"
"teeken"My Wildcat .25 need to be cleaned after every 300 shots because of pellet spiraling ... Just me?
At first i was having the same result as i told to Asa-j. With time to time and over 2000 pellets though the barrel my results changed. How many shots have you fired through it?
I just bought my Wildcat .25 last month ... I have put about 700 pellets through it using JSB 25.39 at 890fps.