• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

springer questions that keep me up at nights........

Happy holidays to all

What keeps me up at night is this:

There is a chance I may lose some powder burners and get more into airguns.
I always appreciate a fine gun and for now can see me with a hw97 and a tx200 111 soon.
I have 2 nephews who I want to take shooting.
But as what I researched and looked at both springers and they are high quality.
BUT, I feel it kind of goes against my grain to take 2 new pretty high quality guns and look to tune before they reach their first birthday.
IMHO I am of mind to run a lot of pellets thru them,enjoy great accuracy and break them in.
Does any one just shoot what came in the box?
Short of putting optics that is all I think I should do to it.
If ,God willing I put a lot of miles on the guns and they should be rebuilt then I would consider it for sure.
I think I should buy a chroney instead
Also, what would be your choice of a good scope 
thank you folks

I say shoot the heck out of them and have fun! A lot of folks talked about their "twangy" R9s out of the box, when I finally bought myself one mine shot with a solid thunk-no twang. Later I got one used for my brother in law and that one "twangs". Is it less accurate?-no, harder to shoot?-not particularly. The TX200s are said to be pretty smooth out of the box, the only one I've shot was very smooth. The HW97s I've shot were tuned and were also smooth. Most new springers will wear in nicely after a tin or two of pellets. I eventually put a Vortek kit in my R9 after 5 years of heavy use and I like it. I have a Leapers 3-9x32 on my R9 and I think it's a good combo. A lot of the Field Target guys use the UTG 3-12x44 SWAT (sidewheel focus) on their PCPS and springers and have good luck with them-I haven't put one on a springer myself.
John
PS-in my opinion don't bother with a Chrony until you get into PCPs, the point with a springer is to find what pellet it likes, how it likes to be held- and shoot it a lot-concentrating on one gun at a time so it's all automatic, the results may amaze you!

John,
I hope so soon!
But I think realistcly the hw97 first.
If I sell some of my pb guns I can make room.
I bought guns thru my life to pass on to my nephews(I have no kids)
But to me a old Belgium browning shot guns means a lot to a old fart like me.
To young guys they would have something more newer looking
So I plan to cut back on what I own .
In a perfect world where money was not a issue I would have a house full.
I wiould have a represenitives from Germany,England,Swedon Turkey
Russias living 
there!

I've actually been trying NOT to accumulate a ton of stuff and failing somewhat due to an addiction to reading the classifieds. I looked into therapy but I'm saving up for a new gun, lol! Right now have two each: pump-ups, springers, and 3 PCPs. Here's a pic from a guy (not me) who appears to be embracing his passion for collecting!

John
PS-I have seen more recent pics of this room and it's even more filled now!