• This section is NOT for leaving Member feedback. To leave a Member feedback regarding a Classified transaction simply go to the Members profile and click the ADD FEEDBACK button.
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Sorry readers my post regarding RAW has been deleted by the admin as I understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand that I would have said something incorrect in my referred post. May be in some indecent manner.

I received a message from admin and I replied that I am willing to remove the post if admin feels that its not appropriate.

I got back to forum to delete it but couldn't find it. Hence I assume that it has been deleted.

I don't mind as it's the administrator right that we the members have given him.

I just want to say SORRY to all those who were following my post.

I would try not to post similar content again.

RAW are my most FAVOURITE GUNS.

IMG-20231115-WA0122.jpg

Regards,

Bhaur

It sure would be good manners for the Moderators to offer @mubhaur an explanation.
After all, he is an active and knowledgeable (therefore valuable) member of AGN
And as far as Ican tell from his posts not one to prone to inflammatory or rude comments.
Just my 2 cents

Anyone else agree?
Edward

I re-read the forum terms and can find no such statement regarding "contact the manufacturer first."

I'm not sure how that could even be implemented. Some brands have no meaningful customer support, others are hit and miss, and it's subject to changing over time, so it would be quite the burden for the moderators to keep up with a, let's call it an "end user support commitment", status for dozens of brands scattered around the globe, along with validating that each person's request for help has first been preceeded by an earnest attempt to reach the vendor.

I was leaning more toward it having to do with some kind of perception that it contained disparaging or defamatory remarks. As someone having no skin in the game with neither the author nor RAW, I can't say I perceived anything written as meeting the description of defamatory or anything approaching it.

If instead there is a problem with conjecture, speculating, and guesswork...well, then that's tantamount to saying no more helping fellow members with troubleshooting. Troubleshooting as a concept is nothing without the opportunity to freely speculate and guess and brainstorm.

From what I understand, he came on here to complain before contacting the company.
Well if that’s the case and that is going to be enforced, we will see a significant drop in topics. Lots of guys go on a rampage when their new toy isn’t functioning the way they think it should. This is the place to blow off steam until it’s resolved. And how solutions are uncovered and keep us moving forward.

Nothing more frustrating than a moderator who will shut down topics and posts without a clear explanation. A certain small arms forum “RFC” has done that lately and I have let my membership lapse there because of shady bans for permitted content.

I say this from a point of experience I was a content moderator on a popular forum for some years and it’s sure annoying when forum members come on posting a whine with no intent other than to defame vendors or cry and moan. *Sometimes* it is appropriate. The forum does not exist to be a tool used to lash out at vendors every time something does not go well. As a mod the job is to determine which rule was broken and make sure the poster can at least understand why the deletion or ban.

Last edited:
Everyone should understand this a for profit operating. It funded by advertisers and they need to be happy. We are only members that pay no fee. You get the idea!
I totally understand that this is a business and that's fine, just remember what this business sells... access to us. It's the same as all other social media. The content we create and our interaction is what the business sells so without us there would be no sponsors. There should be more middle ground rather than the sponsor purchasing a stick. The rules should not favor the member or the sponsor but act to keep an orderly even playing field. All social media starts out nice and humble but as the business grows and they gain more members and sponsors the bias starts developing towards sponsor demands. Members have the herd mentality so they don't mind losing friends here and there so long as they get to remain in the herd themselves.
There's a better way but it requires a strong backbone.

Ok, just remember. He who has the gold, make the rules.
We are the gold. Sponsors make money from us buying airguns. Sponsors spend money advertising on forums.
I'm just saying it takes a careful balance for everyone to be happy and healthy. Don't forget where the gold came from.

We are the gold. Sponsors make money from us buying airguns. Sponsors spend money advertising on forums.
I'm just saying it takes a careful balance for everyone to be happy and healthy. Don't forget where the gold came from.

Your comment reminds me of my teenage daughter and the dance studio she is a part of. The owner of the studio has fostered this narrative of a complete and utter dictatorship. SHE calls the shots, ALL of them, a real "my way or the highway" type. I'm constantly reminding my daughter that the dance studio owner is my employee. I pay her to do what she does. Her bills are paid by my continued payment of the monthly dance fees. My daughter goes along to get along, but at home offten expresses her displeasure with the studio owner's attitude. The solution of course, is to quit paying the dance studio and pull my daughter out of all the classes. Reminding my daughter of that usually quells the complaining about the studio owner.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.