• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Something old, something new for Christmas

Back in about 1987, I'd bought my #2 son a pellet gun for his 8th birthday. The Crosman AIR17. He's grown up, frozen manager @ Giant Eagle, & is engaged with a home of their own. I mentioned, last July, about finding the Crosman 160 in the closet, resto, etc. He mentioned he'd like to have his old AIR17 back for plinking & pesting in his back yard. I went, hm...?... Dug around Mr Jingaling's closet, & found it. Dirty, but it worked & everything was still there. Cleaned it up with some Rem-Oil & tried a couple shots after lubing it. All systems green & go.
IMG_0146.jpg

​Then Walmart had the right size Plano gun cases for it, my 160 & Striker 1000x, so I bought two of'em. One for me for hunting days, one for him to present to him for Christmas! I thought it would make a far more meaningful gift than the new one I was considering. Also gave him a tin of Gamo Lethal's I hadn't used, along with some Pellgun oil.
IMG_0243.jpg

Thank you all! Yeah, the Grinch sat on my shoulder, telling me to keep this VGC collector's gun & buy him a new one. He quickly got das boot, & I decided to grant my son's wish! I mean, I found the 160, at least as old as me in there...maybe God put it there, idk? I honestly remember nothing of it? So I'm giving it back to him, so maybe when they give me a grandson, he'll pass the knowledge of shooting on to him? And yes, James, you're right. This sorta thing is what Christmas is all about. Maybe Christmas doesn't come from a store? Perhaps, Christmas, means just a little bit more?...

Okay folks, My son & his fiancé came over last evening baring gifts. They got me & the boys hoodies from Russell (braided steel line company). Here's the money shots from last evening. He was surprised & instantly recognized his old rifle. He said he hadn't shot/seen it since he was 12? I reminded him I bought it for him when he was 8, & that the BB's he left in the inner magazine were still there! When I explained the Gamo lethal pellets, he remarked of the polymer skirts, " And these things work?" He was all smiles at getting back a small piece of his childhood. It's family scenes like this that we fathers cherish most!
IMG_0281.jpg

IMG_0279.jpg

IMG_0280.jpg

Hope your new year goes better than planed Jim! He sure was all smiles when he saw it was indeed his old rifle, all fixed up like new. Besides the case to keep it in. I'm left wondering where this revelation will lead? I think he & my youngest son, Matthew the human tank are the only ones interested in shooting sports?