• The buying, selling, trading, or gifting of a standalone airgun moderator is no longer supported in the Classified section. An airgun moderator may be included in your ad ONLY if it is "affixed" to the airgun. Please review the updated Classified Rules and Known Scammers List before engaging in ANY transaction.

Sold FX Boss Synthetic Sold

Status
Not open for further replies.

glassman

Jul 31, 2016
Arizona, United States
WTS my FX Boss synthetic stock air rifle to fund my next purchase. This rifle is in like new condition. It has had about 4 tins of pellets shot through it. It is extremely accurate and a joy to shoot. This past week a friend and I were out patterning his shotgun and took the Boss with for some fun. In a moderate breeze of 11-12 mph we were able to hit shotgun shells virtually every shot from 35 yards out to 65 yards. We even shot a few straws off of drinking cups at those ranges also. When last tested it was shooting 50.15 grain JSB pellets at 220 bar. 10 shots ranged from 838 to 845 fps with an average of 840.6. It is very consistent and should only get better with more pellets through it. I don't do a lot of target shooting mostly plinking and hunting that is the reason for the low shot count. I have shot both the 50 grain and the 44 grain pellets and have not noticed a real definitive conclusion as to which it likes better both shoot very well with maybe a slight edge to the 44 grain. It has a Hawk Airmax 30 SF 4-16 x 50, 1/4" M.O.A with the illuminated reticle scope mounted on it which I can sell with the rifle if you would like to purchase it as well. I has a sling stud installed by AoA on the fore stock. I will sell the rifle without the scope if it is not wanted. Asking $1600.00 for Everything as is shipping included CONUS. $1300.00 without the scope. The rifle new is $1599.00 and the scope new on sale is $399.00. PM with questions or if you want other more specific pictures I can take and send them to you. I have about 3-4 full or mostly full tins of pellets which will be included. Also included will be 2 magazines and the locking hard sided case shown in the pictures.

That would be an accurate assessment. I have 3 air rifles that I feel are pretty equal in terms of accuracy, this Boss, a .25 FX wildcat and a .22 Air Wolf MCT. All shoot better than I as a shooter. I feel the Boss is a little more accurate at longer distances and in the wind. At the Extreme Bench rest competition each year from 2012 on it has placed anywhere from 1st to 6th place in the pro and or sportsmans class of the competition. 2012 (5 of the top 10) were shooting a Boss, 2013 (3 of the top 10) in both classes, 2014 (5 of top 10 in pro and 1 of top 10 in sportsmans classes), 2015 (5 of top 10 in pro and 3 of top 10 in sportsmans classes), 2016 (2 of top 10 in pro and 3 of top 10 in sportsmans class). A fairly good testament to the design and accuracy of the platform. If you include the Bobcat which is basically the bullpup version of the Boss, the number of Bobcats and Bosses in the top 10 increases two fold. It definitely exceeds my capabilities as a shooter. The main reason I'm selling it is that I am trying to limit myself to 4 air rifles. (I know good luck with that) I use the Boss primarily for hunting and some fun plinking. I have put down a deposit on a RAW HM1000X .357 rifle. It will replace the Boss for hunting. It offers a little more in terms of power and types of pellets / slugs / bullets that can be used. The smooth twist barrel of the Boss doesn't shoot cast bullets / slugs very well. Pellets it shoots like a dream. The RAW will be able to handle the variety. I still want a bottle rifle with a magazine and multiple shots. That is the reason I settled on the RAW as opposed to an extreme big bore air rifle. Thanks for the inquiry. The 4th rifle I have is a .177 Compatto.

Status
Not open for further replies.