• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Smooth easy cocking mechanisms

Thanks TKA87. That first hand experience is what the forum is all about. I like the size of the Vulcan, but a smooth light operating action is critical to me. You can see in videos posted that some guns require a lot of force. It is great to have an easy smooth action for additional targets. I've been very impressed with FX in that regard. 
Thanks Gunnertrones. A listing of other smooth cycling guns is great. 

The Vulcan has no "mechanical advantage" unlike the FX guns. I have a Vulcan and have handled the Bobcat and the Wildcat, the FX is buttery smooth compared to the vulcan, simply due to the vulcan is a simple bolt that moves straight back and forward. The FX is a lever with mechanical advantage. I will say this, that I have over 2000 rounds thru my vulcan and have to say that if you put a little silicone (food grade) on the pellet probe to lubricate the breech oring the action gets a lot smoother.....More like hard butter than soft butter like the FX.

Comparing the Marauder to the Vulcan would not be fair either. The Marauder (.25) that I have is a lot rougher to cock than my Vulcan. Big difference in price as well.

By the way I really like the action on the FX guns, so I know what you see in them.