• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Smoke from Canada ruining my range day. :(

Just be grateful it's only the smoke you're dealing with. We've got it here also and the radio is constantly giving air quality warnings for those who may tend to suffer. My buddy in Alberta a couple weeks ago quite often couldn't see the truck parked on the street out front of the house. The local fire got to within 45 minutes of his town. Everyone was expecting the call to evacuate at any time. No way to live lol

I read this morning the air quality in NYC is the worst in the World ATM. Wild (fires), we usually get a haze mid summer here either from fires up here or Washington state. Or both, cycle of the forest unfortunately.

But then there's idiots like this that should pay for the FULL cost of the fire, lost timber and all.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChRiSiS
I read this morning the air quality in NYC is the worst in the World ATM. Wild (fires), we usually get a haze mid summer here either from fires up here or Washington state. Or both, cycle of the forest unfortunately.

But then there's idiots like this that should pay for the FULL cost of the fire, lost timber and all.

Hi all
On the news in the uk
Such a shame for the people and wildlife in that area
Most wildfires start with some moron thinking they can cook.
Hopefully it's over soon

Reactions: bf1956
I was in Brooklyn yesterday. It was pretty crummy going in. I worked inside for 3.5 hours and hit the street. I was a bit shocked. No sun that I could see. Smelled the same, so I kept walking.
gowanus.jpg

Reactions: MLE
Armatures! Why is this even news? We been getting that and even ash snow here in California for god know how many years in a roll now. 🤣

I remember the San Diego fires in 2005(?). We had to blow the ash off our vehicles every day for a week. That was in Tustin. Sad...

But I never let it ruin my day at the range. Shooting is sacred.

J~

Reactions: qball
I remember the San Diego fires in 2005(?). We had to blow the ash off our vehicles every day for a week. That was in Tustin. Sad...

But I never let it ruin my day at the range. Shooting is sacred.

J~

Yup, I was living in la habra at the time and had ash raining down for days.

Last edited:
Reactions: Treefrog
I was in Brooklyn yesterday. It was pretty crummy going in. I worked inside for 3.5 hours and hit the street. I was a bit shocked. No sun that I could see. Smelled the same, so I kept walking.
View attachment 363090
Not to hijack the thread but man those concrete pumping booms are amazing. To be able to support all that weight, even if there was no concrete being pumped. OK, sorry, I’m done.

Reactions: rcarlisle
The WORLDS weather is changing and we are ALL witnessing it first hand.
What's assumed normal is not stable & will continue changing.
Theres No fighting that, only learning how to cope with it.
I guess being humans only been around a short time vs the Earth's age. Im sure they showed gar mor dramatic climate changes before humans existed..

The real problem is all this is due to overpopulation not cause i drive a ford f250 and use a gas stove..lol.

We are nothing more then a cancer on this earth. Once were gone or thinned out by 1/2 watch the earth repair. .

Look how much they showed just when everyone was in covid lock down ..