• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning SMK Artemis M16 Alpha Tuning Help!!

Hi guys I would like to know if anyone else has tuned the SMK Artemis M16 Alpha rifle has I had too change the pressure guage and seals and must of knocked the reg settings out. So now the the shot string is pretty bad so if anyone has tuned the M16 Allha really could do with some advice on hot too fully tune this rifle ie by reg and hammer spring. So if anyone can help with this topic please let me know thanks.

The best consistency (tight extreme spread) will be found at somewhere around 95% to 97% of its maximum velocity.

Gradually increase the hammer spring tension until the velocity no longer increases. Let's say it tops out at 900fps. Now back off the hammer spring tension until the velocity falls to somewhere between 855 - 873fps. That will put the gun operating at a state of tune similar to that of a conventional unregulated PCP near the top of its bell curve. In so doing, little variations in the operating pressure will have almost no influence on the velocity.

If the resulting velocity isn’t where you want it, adjust the regulator setpoint and repeat.