• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Small issues with Strelok (and ChairGun Elite)

Something to be aware of when using Strelok. It can cause you to be off by a click or two at certain distances, especially with low velocity projectiles.

Past your zero, Strelok only calculates data in meter increments. So if you are zeroed at 25yds, but want dope for say 35yds vs 36yds, there will be no difference between 35yds and 36yds since Strelok rounds them both up to the same meter distance. Same will happen at 46yd vs 47yd, 58yd vs 59yd, etc.

Same thing for ChairGun Elite as they appear to have stolen the Strelok engine (warts and all) to use in their current ballistics app.

Last edited:
I noticed that too, but I think something to do what and how you measure for zeroing:
- scope to barrel centerlines, if you have adjustable rings and the rear is higher;
- from eye or from scope or from muzzle distance to target;
I was playing with these earlier in the summer and cannot really remember where I finally stopped. I think my target (zero) distance is now from my eyes, this what I measure with a rangefinder. I know this could be wrong, the muzzle makes more sense, but then need to calculate this and that. One or two clicks don't make much difference for BR, I know for FT for sure.

I noticed that too, but I think something to do what and how you measure for zeroing:
- scope to barrel centerlines, if you have adjustable rings and the rear is higher;
- from eye or from scope or from muzzle distance to target;
I was playing with these earlier in the summer and cannot really remember where I finally stopped. I think my target (zero) distance is now from my eyes, this what I measure with a rangefinder. I know this could be wrong, the muzzle makes more sense, but then need to calculate this and that. One or two clicks don't make much difference for BR, I know for FT for sure.
That’s a different issue. Scopes base their click and holdover values from the reticle/focal_plane/gimbal. So I take my distances from the magnification ring as that is the approximate location for the gimbal.

The issue I’m talking about here is this, where different yardages (35 and 36, 46 and 47) give the same velocity, same clicks, same dope:
6336D6D5-0FB4-40EB-A096-FBB595B347A2.jpeg

46yds and 47yd are both giving the dope for 43 meters, not for the actual yard distances.

Until they get fixed, if you want the best precision with these apps, you can use meter distances instead of yards and keep the step distance at least 1 meter.

Last edited:
Reactions: bigHUN
Rounding error because of inches-feets-yards conversion to or from metric Strelok.
I remember a time when NASA satellites were falling from the sky for same issues.
Decimal points count. The bigger the range/object you'd best get way to the right . I was having a VERY large machine installed in my shop and the maintenance manager had to open a doorway to get it in, the machine was in metric and he told me what he'd figured, I told him he was wrong, of course I don't know diddly....SURPRISE, you need those pesky decimal points. He didn't go the .375, yeah I laughed.

Reactions: Centercut