• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Slug Choice For A .25 Huben?

So I had plans to make the huben pair I have a .22 and a .25 2022/2023 pellet shooters but I think I am going to make them dedicated slug guns so first up is the .25 and just curious everyone's choice. I know they like the .253 and the .254 size so the question is AVS, Zan, NSA, Altoros what reg and what speed are you seeing best accuracy. I have only been using pellets so would like some input.
20230331_220941.jpg

Last edited:
So I had plans to make the huben pair I have a .22 and a .25 2022/2023 pellet shooters but I think I am going to make them dedicated slug guns so first up is the .25 and just curious everyone's choice. I know they like the .253 and the .254 size so the question is AVS, Zan, NSA, Altoros what reg and what speed are you seeing best accuracy. I have only been using pellets so would like some input.View attachment 373349
I’m using AVS 42 Gr flat back at 950 fps reg is 19 food for thought I just switched to hades for some racoon hunting I shot four big coons and the hades smoked them! I left the reg the same and just dialed it down till they were pellet on pellet at 50 yards . Great gun so easy. Jim

Mine are the 2022 and think they changed the barrels.
My 2020 has the latest (unchoked) barrel. From the Huben FAQ:

“Broadly speaking, there are two K1 versions. The early one, which was produced until early 2020, and the late version, what we generally call the "2020" or "post-2020 version"; we don't use it officially but MK1 and MK2, if there are only two versions, would be correct. The major change that occurred in 2020 is related to the new barrel, which is unchoked and designed to fit perfectly with the K1 that fires directly from the magazine, and now can shoot accurately both pellets and slugs”

I'm new to a 2022 K1 .25 and a GK1 in .22. Neither have been sighted in yet. Kelly from Kraz Cool set up my GK1 to a fast velocity, but hopefully without wasting air. I just put a 39.5 grain slug right through a pressure treated 2 x 4 with the GK1 .22. That's great power for an air pistol. I'm looking for some recommendations for mostly slugs for both guns.