• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.
I am also pretty intrigued by the Epoch. I don’t yet understand the action though. My understanding is electronic trigger but mechanical valve. The video I watched sounded like the electronic trigger actuates a valve that lets low pressure air from the second regulator to one side of the balanced valve which unbalances it thereby opening it and firing. Does that sound accurate?
I believe your correct. Scout if your out there address this question. Thanks, Hunter

Reactions: Redtick12
I keep hearing it's gonna be a huge step forward, ......what is it gonna do that much better then the current Top guns ?
Lower air pressures to achieve what the others need for one. That equates to less air being used to achieve more shots. simplicity when it comes to maintenance. Hunter

Reactions: Raider03
I have been reading all of the responses and reading other threads regarding the Epoch. Yes it is expensive, I get that. Yes it talks to you if you want, turn that off. We need to sit back and see if this is everything Scout has indicated. If it is, that's a Game Changer. Period! Others (Including the Big Boys) will copy there technology. I hope and think it will be.
Over the years (approx 45-47 years) I have owned and shot a lot of airguns ((100-110) I think we need to give them a chance. Will the Scout Epoch replace my FX's or Daysates? no. I hope it fills that gap that I personally have been searching for. Cheers, Hunter Roark

Does the Epoch have built in chrono that feeds velocity back into the algorithm to keep speed constant?

No. The electronic aspects of the Epoch primarily involve the control of the valve. Since the regulator is "balanced" at a particular pressure, precise adjustment of the duration of time that the valve is opened provides very exacting repeatabilty from shot to shot. So as long as the bottle pressure is higher than the high pressure regulator setting, there's no need for a chronograph to make pressure adjustments shot to shot.

Reactions: Centercut
I am also pretty intrigued by the Epoch. I don’t yet understand the action though. My understanding is electronic trigger but mechanical valve. The video I watched sounded like the electronic trigger actuates a valve that lets low pressure air from the second regulator to one side of the balanced valve which unbalances it thereby opening it and firing. Does that sound accurate?

That's basically how it works. However unlike the valving we're use to, this valve and its porting are many times larger so the valve only moves 1/50,000 of an inch.

Reactions: Redtick12
It has 40 levels of adjustment called dwell. Each level changed the valves movement by 1/10,000 of a mm.
Dwell is the duration of time that a valve is held open, not the amount of movement (lift). Dwell is typically microseconds, not mm.

Last edited:
Not right. You better double check.
Lol....Well I fractionalized it incorrectly, yes. It should have said 50/1000 or .050 ( fifty thousandths). But if that's still too small for you, you'll need argue that with the engineer who designed it. Go to 3:50 of this video to hear it from his own lips.

Last edited:
Oh boy, a new airgun that will do everything.

Swiss Army Gun.png