• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Sizing seemed to work...

Here are some pic of my targets with some of the pellets sized and some not at 25 yards. One clip at each target...9 shots.

This one is unsorted out of the box. not sized. This is just one of many that I shot. All ended up much like this target.

This one was not sized ...

Same with this one... unsized.

This was sized to .254 ...All groups that I shot with .254 were close to the same.

This was shot with .253 ... Most of the groups shot with pellets sized to .253 shot a tight groups.

This is just a start...there has to be a lot more testing to be done but to me sizing seemed to help......We are getting snow as i type...Blizzard warnings.....Sooo I wont be getting any outside shooting done for a few days....8 to 12 in..... ggeeezzzz ....Snow.. who needs it..... : ) Not me.... : ) I will find out how much it help when I can get outside and stretch out the yardage. If you have any comments just let me know.
Richard

I haven't lapped the barrel yet.... : ) little scared...of screwing the barrel up. Thanks for all the kind words. Man I have a lot to learn.. Thanks for all the help from all of you. The barrel is chocked down so I'm not sure how to tackle that yet. My thinking on that was make a led slug longer then usual. I would make part of the slug go up into the chocked part of the barrel....up the transition....and the last part of the slug would be the size of the barrel. Not sure if that would work or not. Anyone have an idea on this.........( ajshoots) .... : )
I need to move to a different state... : ) Got snow again yesterday and today...Wont be shooting outside for a while...
Thanks for all the help and the kind words.
I couldn't do this without your help...
Richard