• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

silver streak

found what is stopping my SS from cocking . i think it is the bolt screw , the one under the black cover . the screw looks scraped /damaged . The rearward side of the hex head screw is chewed off on a 45% angle and i think that is forcing the bolt to bind . Now i just have to find a replacement .
P.S. the damaged screw is a Alan head not a hex head as in the drawings. bolt lug

Last edited:
Reactions: Treefrog
found what is stopping my SS from cocking . i think it is the bolt screw , the one under the black cover . the screw looks scraped /damaged . The rearward side of the hex head screw is chewed off on a 45% angle and i think that is forcing the bolt to bind . Now i just have to find a replacement .
P.S. the damaged screw is a Alan head not a hex head as in the drawings. bolt lug
ok got the new bolt lag screw replaced ,BUT still cannot cock the gun . The bolt will only move back about 1/4 inch then it jams against something . With a tremendous amount of force it will move another 1/8 inch back . I guess it is time to tear it apart . i have no idea what could cause this ?

ok got the new bolt lag screw replaced ,BUT still cannot cock the gun . The bolt will only move back about 1/4 inch then it jams against something . With a tremendous amount of force it will move another 1/8 inch back . I guess it is time to tear it apart . i have no idea what could cause this ? when i try to work the bolt it feels like a very strong spring i am trying to compress , very strong !

ok got the new bolt lag screw replaced ,BUT still cannot cock the gun . The bolt will only move back about 1/4 inch then it jams against something . With a tremendous amount of force it will move another 1/8 inch back . I guess it is time to tear it apart . i have no idea what could cause this ? when i try to work the bolt it feels like a very strong spring i am trying to compress , very strong !
Take care getting the plug out. Mine was very hard to remove, and it is easily damaged. The temptation is to twist it by putting a screw driver in the trigger slot. That is a no no.

lag screw is now correct , but still cannot pull the bolt all the way back .

The bolt will only move back about 1/4 inch then it jams against something . With a tremendous amount of force it will move another 1/8 inch back . I guess it is time to tear it apart . i have no idea what could cause this ? when i try to work the bolt it feels like a very strong spring i am trying to compress , very strong !

Reactions: .20calguy

The bolt will only move back about 1/4 inch then it jams against something . With a tremendous amount of force it will move another 1/8 inch back . I guess it is time to tear it apart . i have no idea what could cause this ? when i try to work the bolt it feels like a very strong spring i am trying to compress , very strong !
The trigger plug has a hole in it, and I think the hammer does as well. The spring has a spring guide that should prevent the spring from dislodging out of those holes?

Screenshot_20230614_205609_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230614_205332_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230614_205727_Gallery.jpg

Reactions: Treefrog

If the hammer spring and the guide inside the spring were to get dislodged it would have that effect. I just don't know if that is even possible, because I believe that the spring and guide are longer than the space between the plug and the hammer, fitting into the holes in them.

Screenshot_20230614_205633_Gallery.jpg