• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Sightron S8 ELR scope on sale

Sightron S8 ELR scope on sale, probably your best bang for your money when it comes to ELR scopes right now with ED glass and 40mils or 140MOA of elevation adjustment. It’s a little heavy as expected so unless you got Arnold’s arms walk and stalk with it will be a bit more difficult. 

https://sightron.com/collections/sightron-instant-savings/products/sviii-ed-5-40x56-ffp-ir-zero-stop

Don’t forget that it’s a 40mm tube scope so getting adjustable rings or base for them will be very challenging. It does come with rings but it might not fit on your gun and for long range you always want some sort of adjustable rings or base.

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
Great find and great deal but 3.062 pounds! Or 49 oz. Definitely for the bench. At least for me anyways. 

bugs-bunny-wiggling.1646188975.gif

Ok, so I was thinking
1f914.svg

On my airgun I would still need some type of MOA relief so I won't be at the limit of the scope right? What is available?

If you have 20 MOA rails then you should be able to zero close optical center or 70 of 140 MOA of elevation or you have close to 70 MOA of elevation to dial which is a lot. Most 30mm tubes scopes only have 70 MOA elevation total. 

BUR the 40mm tube makes it hard to find adjustable rings unless you go for the rail to rail base. Part of the reason I point out the fact that it’s a 40mm tube. As much as this scope boast impressive spec the 40mm tube does give me the pause.

At 2000 dollar range would whole heartily recommend look into March scopes because they have regular 30-34mm tubes and has close to 30 mil or 120 MOA of elevation and half the weight and just as good of glass. AND they are on sale at optics planet right now.

Ok, so I was thinking
1f914.svg

On my airgun I would still need some type of MOA relief so I won't be at the limit of the scope right? What is available?

At 2000 dollar range would whole heartily recommend look into March scopes because they have regular 30-34mm tubes and has close to 30 mil or 120 MOA of elevation and half the weight and just as good of glass. AND they are on sale at optics planet right now.

Also on sale at EuroOptic through March 14th.

Yes, seeing it is at the 2k range, what is in that area, and purchase wise would something like this be a good choice in this price range? Richard Utting does review as a very good scope at least for a powder burner.. It does seem like a very good scope for the price point (other than you may have to assemble the gun on the bench because of the weight!)

Yes, seeing it is at the 2k range, what is in that area, and purchase wise would something like this be a good choice in this price range? Richard Utting does review as a very good scope at least for a powder burner.. It does seem like a very good scope for the price point (other than you may have to assemble the gun on the bench because of the weight!)

Richard is awesome but he is a PURE PB guy plus he is precision shooter not ELR shooter as far as I know so he doesn’t need that much elevation Like we do. better option will be March scopes currently on sale with adjustable rings or base.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/s/march

I did not even know that 40mm tubes existed! That's almost a grand off though, thanks for posting!

I try not to pay much attention to the crossed out prices in sale advertisements. I think they are often marked up exaggerations meant to make the sale “value” appear more enticing. I can’t speak for this one specifically, but I’ve noticed the practice on serval sites when cross referencing a crossed out price (supposedly the regular retail price) with the retail price range across other sites. In doing so I’ve noticed savings substantially lower than advertised. Anyone else see that before?

Anyhow, what I wanted post was that I’ve noticed various Sightron items on sale a this year on different sites. Anyone have any information on a new Sightron line coming out or something possibly related to these sales? Curious thing.