• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Side-Shot, Bunnies and YouTube

Well Fellers, I broke down and got my Side-Shot. I needed the advantages it affords, beyond my Eagle Vision setup...mounting the gun properly, tracking targets, seeing POI, easy review/adjustment, instant removal, audio capability, and the quality that your upper end cell phone affords you. To be candid, it takes a little dedication to setup/digest the Filmic App, for the advantages of presets and best results, which I am still learning. Keep in mind, I just got my first IPhone (8 Plus) so learning IOS navigation complicated the learning curve. So far, IOS is a bitch, when it comes to the editing process, as I am working on a PC but I will assume this will get easier. The hardware itself is spot on. Thanks to Thayne for a great product and for once, there something designed that works even better for a lefty, in my opinion. Here's my first go at using it on my last bunny hunt of the year. In the wake of the recent YouTube fiasco, this is my response to their warped perspectives.

w4oe0tO.jpg

I forgot to mention, that the only things I found detrimental are, the frame work makes it a bit cumbersome to access and adjust the magnification on the scope and I haven't come up with a good position for a scope level. I have been using a single point sling and with this setup in place, I am going to have to come up with something different because of the conflict of space.

Being left-handed is definitely the reason for mounting it opposite the typical configuration. I find it more ergonomic, for viewing and operating the set up parameters, on the phone. One bonus is, it also provides a lower profile. With my gun, there is no interference with loading or actuating the lever bolt. This may vary with other gun/scope set up’s. After some use, the only negative is, I am finding the MOV files and Apple IOS format suck ass, for transferring and editing. There seems to be some loss in color and clarity when converting for video creation and is cumbersome and time consuming, compared to Android, which transfers and edits quite nicely to my PC. This is frustrating to the point that I am probably going to turn in my new iPhone a plus for an upper end Samsung.