• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Should I be ashamed/embarrassed?

CampFussell, are you shooting on power 2?

Yes, it only has two power levels that I'm aware of? The power wheel has been on the two dots ever since I received it from Ken, and it was shooting the 25.39 jsbs at 900 fps just like he said it would. It's a laser at 50 and I can occasionally get sub moa at 100, but no where near as often as with my Boss.

I've had mine on all the power levels because of the versatility.

#1 for plinking indoors, it gets around 200 shots.

#2 for Ft

#3 I usually leave it set at 31 fpe with 18's. 

I say do whatever floats your boat in spite of the undeniable, embarrassing, and freakish, way you've treated your rifle, JK. 

The Royale is a keeper if there ever was one.

The hardest gun for me to mess with was my Taipan. It was so perfect that I never even touched the scope for 2 years and I regularly pick off critters in the 80-100yrd range. Once I tweaked my Dreamline compact up to speed through modifications, I really didn’t need two 880fps .22 guns so I switched the Taipan to slugs. I really hated to go into the gun and mess with a perfect reg setting but I took my time and jotted down notes in case I had to go back. It’s an accurate slugger now but I wouldn’t mind a little more power but the one thing I learned in this hobby is you gotta know when to say when. I’m leaving it alone because the next mods I might have to do there is no going home if they don’t work out. Clint Eastwood said a man has to know his limitations. In the PCP world I say a man has to know his guns limitations.

My goodness.....You should be ashamed of yourself.....

Just remember to label the parts.......

parts.1607738352.jpg

I have a few guns like that that I just wont mess with. Royale and Boss... and my Daystate MCT's come to mind. 

I love to tinker, but aside from some aesthetic enhancements to them, I just havent found a need to mess with them. 

Hate to admit it, but that lack of tinkering keeps me from shooting them as much. Seems that when I get one dialed in 100%, I dont shoot it as much. But it's nice to know that I can go and get the Royale, the Boss, or either my MCT's and assuming I do my part, they will do theirs. 

I've also had some guns that were good...but made better from people who know what they are doing. First to mind is a .30 Cricket conversion from Mr. Wall. I will simply not touch that gun in tinker mode. It's spot on in every way!

52, I’m a bit late on this thread but I wanted to give you my reasons for shooting lower power. I took my 500 25 cal to Puerto Rico hunting and didn’t have much air down there. But I did find lots of iguanas 20 & 30 yards in trees. When everyone else was going back to the car to fill up with air, I changed the 500 to power 1, dialed up 6 minutes which gave me a 20 yd zero & 30 yds was 1 mil hold over. Power 2 was zeroed at 40 yds. Got a lot of shooting & killed manty iguanas. It’s also good to use when shooting inside of shelters and you don’t want to damage the roof. I must say Scott Dellinger taught me to use the lower powers. I have 3 range cards for my 500. 
Chuck M