SHOT Show Pre-Announcements Are Coming Thick And Fast!

Looks like it's going to be an interesting 2018 SHOT Show!

The show itself takes place next week - from January 23 to 26 - but manufacturers are pre-announcing lots of new models.

Gamo is announcing a couple of new big bore PCPs, these look very much like Evanix guns. Winchester - a brand of Daisy which is, of course, a part of the same holding company as Gamo - also has a couple of different PCPs.

Crosman has announced a completely new range of break barrel air rifles.

SIG SAUER has the new A20 break barrel, plus a new pistol.

Diana has two new PCP air rifles and a PCP air pistol.

Hatsan has announced an air pistol, but I think there's more announcements to come...

There's more news arriving almost hourly!

Of course all these announcements are carried in almost real time in Hard Air Magazine. I'll also be reporting daily from the SHOT Show all next week.

So keep checking back frequently because there's no knowing what other cool new airgun stuff will be appearing in the next few days.

Stephen Archer
Hard Air Magazine
http://www.hardairmagazine.com

No news yet from Air Force. And yes, I also believe that the new Diana PCPs have their origins at SPA. No prices yet, but with Minelli stocks, they're unlikely to be bargain basement material, I would have thought...

The big news today must be a significant announcement about the .50 cal Umarex Hammer. It's claimed to be the most powerful airgun in the Universe - or something like that - with 700 Ft/Lbs of Muzzle Energy, made in the USA, regulated, a 3-shot magazine and an MSRP of just $800. My guess is that this will really shake-up the Big Bore PCP market when it ships - there's no date announced yet.

Stephen Archer
Hard Air Magazine
http://hardairmagazine.com

New Crosmaan Co2 full-auto BB rifle that empties a clip in under 2 seconds, okay. Very tacticool I reckon. Again, not my thing however if some kind person were to bring one by the House I would really enjoy testing it out for s few seconds/minutes.

Diana used to be a Name you could just recommend, good German quality ( 99% of the time which is very good) , now they are contracting with one of the better Chinese companies -bonus- "I" can no longer recommend any "diana" as being a solid choice untill we all see how the QC of all their subcontracted rigs shake out. The first time Crosman introduced their subbed out line of break barrels you'd have thought it was the grand conspiracy and sure enough , some, of the QC wasn't all that.

A 4,500psi big bore! Regulated to 3,000psi, oh ya. And, you can get it bundled with a hand pump, ROFLAO ( hope those letters are correct, and do not offend). I'm sure my first 909 .45 took 200+ rounds to find the right bullet for 75 yards and many more to sight in at 200, get that bundle and you'll ( hey maybe your young Son that wants one ?) be in great shape a.s.a.p. .
Again tho, please someone stop on by with one and I'll provide the air needed to get it all set up.

Fill pressure on the Gamo Rex style pistol/rifle w/CF bottle? Same barrel as the Rex used? Better?
TIA

Thanks for keeping us updated. Looking forward to seeing the rest!!!

John

Daer Ham,

We certainly could use more information on the Crosman hpa pump! Just saw this link "Mando" posted:

which ( naturally ) looks a good bit like the 12v unit a U.S.Dealer had briefly but hopefully Crosman has fixed ( may well be an entirely different unit ) the old original shrapnel design flaws and this will be THE compressor we have all been waiting for since 1990.

I know it's Shot Show and how that all works but any insight to actually production/availability dates?????
Any chance Crosman will be handling the warranty themselves? Didnt really care for the Benjamin hand pump idea where they sold it but had nothing at all to do with warranty.

Hoping hoping this thing works outr.

John