• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Shot my hw97

I shot my new hw97 this weekend, wow, that thing is amazing. It's not pellet fussy either. I can only shoot at 21 yards in my backyard but it's one hole. It's my new favorite. I had to get used to the movement or should I say slight recoil after shooting Pcp for so long. I just took everyone's advice on how to hold it and it shot great right off. Not having to worry about air is the best part. I'll be shooting it today since down here In Texas the ice caused the plant to close for the day. Later.

"Guthook"Congrats on you new gun. I've been there myself, love not having to worry about air. Especially when out in the field. However I keep going back to PCP so don't sell your precharged rifles. Now I shoot springers in .177 and .22, PCP in larger calibers and have a blast doing it.
Is your gun 97 or 97k? I have the opportunity to buy a h97 .22 in like new condition. What would be a good price here in Texas?

Hello Bogey,
First thing to try is clean the barrel!
Another thing I've discovered is that some springers are really temperature sensitive. 
A warm gun straight out in the cold will make you pull you hair out sometimes. 
let it set for a while and acclimate to the temp outside. 
Other than that could be bad piston seal or out of spec compression tube. Lots of variables. Very good point made above also with the scope theory. Some high end scopes aren't springer friendly...

No fun chasing these things down but keep at it...
James from Michigan,