• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Shoebox won't fill carbon fiber tank.

I have a shoebox and have been filling my armada and wildcat from it regularly. I bought a 100 cu ft ( I think) carbon fiber tank from AOA.
The shoebox just runs and runs (up to an hour) and no pressure reads on the tank. Everything from the shoebox runs through a dryer and I can hook up and fill a rifle no problem. Hook up the carbon fiber tank and nothing, nada.
Anybody have any ideas?

"wtravis1"I have a shoebox and have been filling my armada and wildcat from it regularly. I bought a 100 cu ft ( I think) carbon fiber tank from AOA.
The shoebox just runs and runs (up to an hour) and no pressure reads on the tank. Everything from the shoebox runs through a dryer and I can hook up and fill a rifle no problem. Hook up the carbon fiber tank and nothing, nada.
Anybody have any ideas?
You likely will NOT see any raise in the gauge after "only" an hour. You do realize it will take 30+ hours just to get to 3K, right?
According to the below link it takes 24hrs for the regular shoebox to get an 80CF tank from 0-3000.

http://www.shoeboxcompressor.com/performance/

I just bought the 98 cu ft tank and its filling as I type. It's gonna take many hours to fill that big tank from empty to 4500. Mine has been running about 5hrs straight and its at 1300 psi so far. The fill times are posted somewhere on the forums either here or shoebox but 1hr will definitely not fill it. I think you are looking at overnight plus an afternoon of filling.

If you still have no pressure check to make sure everything is tight and not leaking. Also, make sure all the relief valves are in the closed position. I left it open on the shoebox many times and the air just leaked out of the valve.