• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Shoebox F10 for $499

I have been going back and forth on the chinese compressors because of the low cost so I decided to visit the Shoebox site to check out the Shoebox Max. To my surprise the Max is not available but the F10 is on sale for $499. I might have to sell one of my tanks to fund the F10. This is an excellent price. It might be slower than the Yong Heng but it is made in the USA, no oil change needed, easy maintenance, proven track record, and new low price. Things are getting good in the compressor world and I can’t wait to see what gets released in the next few years.

"intenseaty22"
"tibor"shoebox...? link please
http://www.shoeboxcompressor.com/product/
You know if you “Google it” it will come right up. 
sorry did not know if it was short for something else...is it not the same as this...
standard.jpg
I posted asking about it and another member said not good..trying to learn..thanks

"tibor"
"intenseaty22"
"tibor"shoebox...? link please
http://www.shoeboxcompressor.com/product/
You know if you “Google it” it will come right up. 
sorry did not know if it was short for something else...is it not the same as this...
standard.jpg
I posted asking about it and another member said not good..trying to learn..thanks
That may have been me. The AV Booster pictured above I would stay away from. The Shoebox is a different brand with a good reputation. 

"Rey"I am still not sure if it' worth it if your gonna an oil free compressor for the first stage. The make so much pumps right around the 1200 mark these days. No need for a first stage pump. No lines from one pump to another. Less hassle, faster, etc.
I got a $49 Norge compressor from Lumber liquidators that works great. Going on my 3rd year. There is one line connecting them together. Is this any different then "connecting" the water pump to one of the Chinese 2 stage pumps?

"Rey"I am still not sure if it' worth it if your gonna an oil free compressor for the first stage. The make so much pumps right around the 1200 mark these days. No need for a first stage pump. No lines from one pump to another. Less hassle, faster, etc.
I think of it this way. A $1200 pump has an integrated compressor/motor. If that goes bad, your whole system is no good. If my oiless goes bad, I replace it easily. Also, boosters work slower and have less stress on them. Rebuilding an Altaros or a Shoebox is “end user friendly” and takes only a few minutes. 

"Rey"Good point guys.
Anyone knows if you have to use a oiless compressor?
I have huge compressor already because of my trade and I don' want to get another compressor just for the gun. Was wondering what kind of filters I need to make my original compressor work.
Shoebox "recommends" an Oil-less compressor but I have heard from guys on the forum using an oiled compressor without issue. Personally I just spend the $49 and got an oil-less compressor I could dedicate to the SB. It was much easier to sit the little compressor on the shelf under the SB then it would have been to run a line from my garage into the upstairs room where I keep my guns. (Filling inside an air conditioner room introduces much less water then using the compressor outside in the garage in 90% heat with 80-90% humidity.)

"Rey"Good point guys.
I have huge compressor already because of my trade and I don' want to get another compressor just for the gun. Was wondering what kind of filters I need to make my original compressor work.
There are several filter options that you could use b/w shop compressor and the Booster. It should have a media that can trap oil just in case. 

"Rey"Good point guys.
Shoebox requires oilfree im not sure about Altaros but I think it may not need oil free.