• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

SHIPPING DAMAGE

I ordered a Daystate 110 compressor and a Omega Patriot Tank from AOA. I hope they arrive undamaged. My Omega Supercharger arrived with the box just about trashed. The compressor didn’t work at all and it was a nightmare sending it back for repair. Why not beef up boxes and packaging so they have a much better chance of arriving undamaged. I for one wouldn’t mind the increase for reinforced boxing and this would provide a safer box for sending the item back for repairs or return. Return shipping twice for the Supercharger was $128.00 and $134.00. OUCH!

If you receive damages in shipping the shipping company UPS or FED EX or USPS should be liable and you should get reimbursed after filing a claim. Shouldn't be any out of pocket expense that way. If the claim got denied then take it up with the seller. If you used a Credit Card then that's what the disputes department is for.

Unless the shipper buys sufficient insurance coverage, isn't there a rather small limit on the shipper's liability? One would hope that if obvious negligence is involved, it would be covered, but I don't know. I've been using USPS a lot the last year or so, due to convenience. I print the label at home, and drop it off. The problem, I can't buy insurance through my account from home, so quite a bit of my shipping has been uninsured, or, I suppose limited to a routine maximum. Not smart on my part, and I guess I should take the time to go to one of the counters and buy adequate insurance. One problem there, my local UPS store is a franchise store, and they will not accept air rifles for shipment, have to take it to the main company store which is not convenient for me. My local Fed Ex accepts air rifles, but I've been told that their insurance claim process is less friendly than UPS, thankfully, I haven't had experience with either one. 

Again, as above, that's what CC's are for!

Well, kind of. If a CC dispute is filed, the CC company will charge back the merchant's account, and make inquiry. Ultimately, a decision will be made regarding the terms of the transaction, and that's all the card company can do, nothing related to liability, unless the merchant has denied liability it previously guaranteed. In other words, it cannot bring any greater remedy than the original transaction established. If either the merchant or shipper was negligent, that is a matter for additional and separate action. 

If you receive damages in shipping the shipping company UPS or FED EX or USPS should be liable and you should get reimbursed after filing a claim. Shouldn't be any out of pocket expense that way. If the claim got denied then take it up with the seller. If you used a Credit Card then that's what the disputes department is for.

Unless the shipper buys sufficient insurance coverage, isn't there a rather small limit on the shipper's liability? One would hope that if obvious negligence is involved, it would be covered, but I don't know. I've been using USPS a lot the last year or so, due to convenience. I print the label at home, and drop it off. The problem, I can't buy insurance through my account from home, so quite a bit of my shipping has been uninsured, or, I suppose limited to a routine maximum. Not smart on my part, and I guess I should take the time to go to one of the counters and buy adequate insurance. One problem there, my local UPS store is a franchise store, and they will not accept air rifles for shipment, have to take it to the main company store which is not convenient for me. My local Fed Ex accepts air rifles, but I've been told that their insurance claim process is less friendly than UPS, thankfully, I haven't had experience with either one.

All of my shipping companies allow for buying insurance on line UPS, FedEX and USPS