• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

ship airgun via fedex to Ca, signature required?

i have received two packages one from fedx one from ups signature required on both never signed a thing one for 1200 the other for 1350 all in the last month airguns

Yeah, with COVID precautions in place, my UPS guy just leaves all packages on the front porch and 'signs for me.'

My FedEx guy actually rings the door bell, hands it off to me, and then he also signs for me.

YMMV. I know that no one wants to hand over the tablet for anyone else to handle and maybe contaminate. But whether they even ring the door bell probably just depends on the driver.

I had a Crown rifle problem and sent it back to FX when they returned it to me the FedX driver just dumped it on the bottom of my steps and drove off. My neighbor saw it and called me. I traced the package on the FedEx web and it said I sighed for it I called FedEx and filed a complaint. The rifle was also bad so I returned it and FX sent me a new MK2 Crown Rifle and the FedEx driver again just dropped it at the bottom of my steps. When I came out She was driving away. When called to complain they said that I signed for the package.

So I recommend that you track your package be sure it gets there safe.

Aloha,

I know what you guys are going through, I had an issue with ups just leaving my packages in front of my garage, no even on my door step. Well I had an issue with a missing box, ups said that I signed for it and I know none of my family members signed for it. I didn't get my box and had to repurchase what I had bought. So I got a cheap security camera system from Costco, install it and a couple of weeks later the same ups driver or I think it was the same driver tried to say that he delivered my box and I signed for it, but he didn't realize that I had installed a camera system, long story short I took the footage of the video of the ups truck driving by my house not stopping to the ups hub office, also I let them know that it was parts for my 1911 handgun (barrel, slide, & mags) I let the manager know that I have filled a theft with the police. 2 days later the manager from ups calls me and said that they have my box, I went down to ups, the box was opened but all of the parts I ordered was there. The manager said the driver was fired. I gave the police the information and don't know what happened to the driver. I would invest in a camera system with all of the porch pirates nowadays. 

Aloha, Keone

I had UPS recently drop off insured boxes that looked lije they were resealed with items missing. No luck with claim through DVOR. I am out roughly $2000.00 for missing scopes that likely UPS stole because the box that had missing items was definitely OPENNED and resealed (received couple HUGE boxes full to the brim with scopes except the one only half full obviously). They have an exchange only policy at DVOR doesn't bother me since I spend a lot for scopes to try out anyway and don't even mount the ones I plan on returning that aren't clear all the way to max power.