• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Sheridan Sheridan Supergrade pump cups

Do any of you learned members know of a source for a Sheridan Supergrade pump cup, or know of anyone who fabricates, retrofits, or has a work around for a failed one?
I can not assess the condition of the valve until I can pump the darn thing.

The old pump cup was 'intact' when I pulled the front end apart, and then promptly shed about 1/3 of the raised lip when wiped with a cloth. :cry:

Yes Model A&B pump cups are different than the model C. I used a product one time to fix a Model B pump cup. It is called Seal Lube seal expander. I put the pump rod seal cup soak in the Seal lube for 2 weeks and brought it back to life. www.seallube.com.
The only person I know who might be able to help you is UJ Backus, Wrote the Book “Sheridan Classic American Air Rifle”, [email protected].

Tim Jones 412 Church St. Hawley PA. 18428, [email protected]

Yes Model A&B pump cups are different than the model C. I used a product one time to fix a Model B pump cup. It is called Seal Lube seal expander. I put the pump rod seal cup soak in the Seal lube for 2 weeks and brought it back to life. www.seallube.com.
The only person I know who might be able to help you is UJ Backus, Wrote the Book “Sheridan Classic American Air Rifle”, [email protected].

I intended to use a product to rejuvenate the seal, but alas, the seal decided to shed part of its lip when touched. The seal was probably already cracked when it came out, as very very little pressure caused it to separate.
UJs name comes up several times, and I do need to email him directly, but was unsure if he was still operating or not. I posted an introductory message on the AVA forum in hopes of some more input on the situation.
It is looking like it comes down to finding someone who can fabricate one. Not an insurmountable task, but then again the status of the valve seals has not been ascertained yet, and that is a whole nuther can O worms.
As far as I can gather, there are 2 or 3 guys who have the knowledge to address the valve if it is needed, but that is going off of 2 year old info.

are super grade pumps different than regular blue streak's ?
Yeah man, way different.
I knew what I was getting into though, and fortunately I acquired this one for a price that was impossible to to walk away from.
Going off of actual prices observed at the shows, and not eBay, I can have this one repaired correctly and still be money ahead. The bonus will be a working rifle that I can shoot and enjoy, not some inoperable wall hanger at an astronomical price, that I am scared of losing my investment in.

Reactions: beerthief

The rifle is currently on its way to UJ for refurbishment.
I was able to contact him, and he agreed to take the project on.

I would like to believe that I am capable enough to remedy the pump cup issue myself, thanks to some helpful input from Don R. If the valve needed to be addressed though, I would have been left high and dry. Sending it to be serviced by someone who is familiar with the entire mechanism seemed to be the smart choice, for me at least.