• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Sguirrel hunt

Had the chance to take the Umarex G 2 in .25 to the woods this morning. After a little test session yesterday, the H & N Barracuda Hunter Extreme pe;;ets were most accurate. Let me tell you.. This is a squirrel machine. I was reaching 25-30 yds on my longest shot.. Enter behind right shoulder, upper part of ribcage. Exit left side of skull above eye socket, with evident hydrostatic shock to surrounding tissue. Squirrel fell out of the tree GRD/DRT. Most satisfying...

As long as I've been hunting squirrels here in Indiana, (since 1970), our opener has been
Aug 15.. Ohio has always been a little behind us.. lol..
MA is definitely behind, our season doesn’t start until September 12!
I've killed a lot of female squirrel still nursing young in early September so I don't mind waiting until a little later in the year.

I've killed a lot of female squirrel still nursing young in early September so I don't mind waiting until a little later in the year.
Yes I don’t like doing that either. It always makes me feel bad after killing a female and you discover she’s still nursing babies. I prefer to wait til later in the fall also.

Reactions: Ezana4CE

Aug. 21-Nov. 12 and Nov. 15-Feb. 28 ??? why closed for 2 days ???
That is interesting. I expect there is a bureaucratic element involved. In NC, the season is mid-October through February, except in my back yard, where it's year round and no limit. My neighbor recently spent $600 in car computer wiring that the squirrels found tasty. A new car, but not in the warranty coverage, he's pissed. Another neighbor had some house wiring similarly chewed. I am becoming my neighbors' hero, they're getting interested in air guns. I guess I need to moderate their interest before they go off ill-prepared and do some damage.

Reactions: beerthief
That is interesting. I expect there is a bureaucratic element involved. In NC, the season is mid-October through February, except in my back yard, where it's year round and no limit. My neighbor recently spent $600 in car computer wiring that the squirrels found tasty. A new car, but not in the warranty coverage, he's pissed. Another neighbor had some house wiring similarly chewed. I am becoming my neighbors' hero, they're getting interested in air guns. I guess I need to moderate their interest before they go off ill-prepared and do some damage.
Makes you wish the little bastids would "complete the circuit" and finish the job...
electrocuted-squirrel.jpg