• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Scopes. For a 1377.

I'm looking at sights for the 1377. And, frankly, the $ to £ is miserable at the moment and looking at about £100 for a simple rear sight is daunting to say the least.
I literally touched the sight on my new 1377 and the screw fell out with a tiny curl of plastic thread on it like a spring and the sight fell off. Stripped threads and very (unusually) soft plastic. So much for bog standard. :-(

I'd like a very low power scope. Something like 2x20? For this 1377, what would you recommend? I'm asking because I feel like I'm on thin ice and I don't want to fall through.
So, I'm asking you guys in the know. :)
I don't want something that's way over powered for a hand held Pistol. And sights Ive seen are extortionately long. I rather like the idea of a stubby sight that'll very slightly mag. the target.
Any pointers appreciated. Thanks.

Yeah red dots are nice you get "0" magnification which is good i guess i have a tasco red dot could never get use to it so never use it even the cheap crosman red dot same.
I like the halo sight but pretty expensive for a decent one that's shock proof a must for a pumper.Red dots and Holograph sights are the same thing however red dots are usually long and round body, Halo sights are smaller box like. Both project a dot or graphic image in a few shades of color on a transparent glass.when aiming it the dot or image must be centered in the housing like a peep sight (same principle) there by faster for acquiring the target and shooting.

A picture of a high end halo sight

A picture of a standard red dot sight

Laser sights are nice as well and have been used outside in hunting scenarios successfully I never tried it sounds like fun.

Hi Jeff.... Well in truth this forum inspired me to try out the 1377 custom work. I've been bitten really badly by bad business protocol re: AllianceHobby.com but I'm sure someone else knows where I can get a flat top piston kit. I just changed the breather valve and, holy moses, the difference.
I'd like the internals upgraded now because if I can get the same power from three or four pumps as per ten currently with its plastic bits inside, I'm all the happier. :)

That sucks about alliance hobby I've ordered for them off eBay and all good but I'm not in Scotland. Have you tried eBay? One I found was pretty much from gmac though, others are from stats and probably have the same shipping policies but who knows for sure? I order my first flat piston from http://www.airgunsmith.com/cros1377/1377.htm not the kit with the valve just the piston and shaved my valve cone off. Email him and ask if he'll ship to you as per your requirements as i remember he a good guy to deal with.Or go to http://www.gmaccustomparts.com/1377-Flat-Top-Pisto since their UK they will probably see you right .