• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Scopeheight in relation to adjustable rings.

I can't believe there is a thread on this. I was thinking about the same thing. Was planning to get one of those adjustable rings for elevation and was wondering if that would cause Sterlok to miscalculate the POI. 

I don't think it should because I remember Ed shooting a pigeon in one of his videos where he plugged the data into Chairgun and the shot was accurate at 100 plus yards. Since the edgun has the slanting rail, I am assuming the scope height was measured the same way as we would when the scope is parallel to the Barrel. 
Also before the adjustable rings came to be, people were shimming their scopes and using Chairgun. 

If anyone has a 20 MOA rail like the type on an Edgun or IF anyone's using the FX no limits adjustable rings, we could get a definitive answer. 

Reached the conclusion that the slant on the scope will not mess calculations in Sterlok or Chairgun. Slanting the scope reduces the scope height in relation to the barrel and Sterlok recalculates basis that new input (the new scope height post slant) 

Figured this out because the bullet weight and speed is the real variable here. Depending on the weight of the pellet and the speed or power...the bullet with intersect the barrel AND scope line thereby giving you The zero. The height of the scope in relation to the barell adds another variable which Sterlok accounts for. 

"blackdiesel"I was looking at the video Ted did with the FX adjustable rings. Even zeroed at 140 yards the space of the tilt was miniscule. I wouldn't think it would throw off the objective measurement at all. I just got some FX rings so I guess I will be checking to see if it does throw off the calculations.
Thanks blackdiesel. That would be super helpful.