• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Scope recommendation needed

This scope will be going on a FX T12 400 .25 Cal. Birds, squirrel, rabbits & targets will be shot with this scope, 50% in the back yard 50% out in the fields/marshes (LOL!) of Louisiana and Texas. I would LOVE to stay in budget but i will pay for quality optics if nothing fits the bill or recommendation in my set price range. Thanks, 

~$300 or less
~15-75 yards average
~No night shooting, for day usage only
~Clear glass and a quality scope
~AMX reticle seems pretty nice as i like the lack of content that's blocked by the thin lines, never seen this in person though 

Check the MTC Viper Connect. It's a 3-12X scope. Good from 10-150 yards. Has a SCB 2 reticle which is too good when it comes to holdover. It's used for Field Target and hunting. Also it's got Zero eye relief which fixes the parallax problem permanently since your eye is always in the same spot all the time. I have been using it and it works amazingly well. 

You have to try a ffp before you decide. Personally I love them. So much easier to aquire targets at different distances without dialing. If you get a second focal plane scope with a mil dot reticle it will only be able to range with the reticle at one power setting. A ffp is accurate at all power settings. This is my current favorite general purpose scope; https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary_Arms_4_14X44_FFP_Scope_with_308_p/pa4-14xffp308.htm
Watch the videos and you will get an idea how they work.

Ill now vote for the Primary Arms FFP. Check out my on going review. Ive taken @ 50 P-Dogs over the weekend out to 75 yards. I haven't used a hold over yet as I'm testing the turrets, 90% head and neck shots. They are dead on, and return to zero every time. Not to many things make me giggle anymore but the Air Ranger .25 and the PA had me giggling all weekend. The ACSS retical is functional and unobtrusive. Love my Hawke but not in your given range. Cant beat the FFP on the PA, for that price. Second choice would be SWFA SS. in 12x, its a plain, simple, functional, reliable, "workhorse", Nice retical, glass and function. Everyone has a preferred scope or brand. Id take the suggestions here and go look through some if you can. Each retical is different in function, thickness, cluster. Cant wait to try out an AEON. but have never held one.