• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Scope for Diana LP8 Carbine

Hi All,

I was looking for suggestions for a scope to be mounted on this carbine version of the LP8 pistol. Don't care for the red dot it came with and would like a bit better accuracy going out to a maximum 25 yards. I tried a Bug Buster but that was an exercise in frustration and futility. Luckily I was able to return it for a full refund, but had I missed that window I would have gladly used it for target practice.

Some scopes I'm entertaining are the Hawke Airmax 2-7x32, Hawke Vantage 2-7x32, Bushnell AR 2-7x32 and the Tac Vector Veyron 3-12x44FFP (not sure if this is springer rated and it might be overkill). Are there any others I am missing? Anyone have any of the above on springers with success (or not)? Although the LP8 is a magnum pistol, I realize it's not a magnum air rifle and has less recoil, fps, fpe etc..but I would still like a scope to have lasting power, not look like an elephant sitting on a tricycle (as Joe/cyclops says), and be able to clear the breach when cocking and loading pellets.

Thanks

I have a question, seeing that the stock is as short as it is what sort or eye relief would you have

and will a rifle scope, with an average 3 to 4 inch eye relief be your best bet or go for a pistol scope with 6 to 20 inch eye relief

I have a LP8 and have done some rough measurements and have not figured how that shoulder stock works at all, but that just me