• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Scope for Benjamin Akela for use in Olympic 10 Meter targets

Just bought Benjamin Akela to use in my back yard 10 meter Olympic range. Will not use this rifle for anything but target shooting at 10 meters. Looking for good scope for this purpose with side parallax adjustment such as Athlon. Interested in others who shoot similar ranges and what scopes you would recommend. Since my range is limited to 10 meters second focal plane would be fine. But I am open to best optic since I have only one good eye. Old retired senior citizen who loves air guns.

I have this on my Crosman Challenger, because of good glass and 6m min focus: 

SWFA SS 3-15x42 Tactical Rifle Scope https://www.swfa.com/swfa-ss-3-15x42-tactical-rifle-scope-3.html?___SID=U 

I've have and tried both Bug Buster's side focus and objective focus, the good: 3 yard min focus and the bad: poor glass, the objective focus has/had better glass and consistence parallax ranging for me.

Might want to check out the Prismatic type scopes, usually 6m min focus, I have a Immersive brand on order for another back yard rifle. FYI they all have very short eye relief "may" need some different rails to mount on a bullpup like yours 

I have a Vector Optics Veyron 3-12x44 compact that I like a lot. It is short and lightweight and fits well on a bullpup. I don’t have expensive glass to compare it to but it’s bright and undistorted, zooms smoothly and tracks a box back to zero just fine. The side-focus is marked to 10 yds but mine actually focuses to about 7.5 yds at 12x.

There's a lot of personal preference going on here. I suppose a price point should be posted so we can give our best advice.

For a while I used a Athlon 1-4.5 for 10M just to try it out. I liked that it has illumination which contrasts well against the black bull using the center dot and the circle is slightly bigger than the size of the bull. This scope was designed for shooting in service rifle comps and to be used on a similar bull target scaled up for long range.

But I liked this companies 2-12x42 DMR better for 10M bulls just because the mil reticle also has illumination and a circle with a nice sized center dot.

Might be more than you want to spend but these are very nice scopes for the money

These suggestions all likely to be at the best deals price as of today for brand new scopes with free shipping.

Fantastic deal for $135 shipped. Seller pays return shipping 14 day return policy if you not happy with it. Possibly get it for $105 after the fact if purchased before December 31 and get a legitimate receipt for it to try the Bushnell factory $30 rebate online. 4.5-18x40.

10 yard side focus on all of these scopes mentioned here.

Since you are limiting yourself to only 10 meter shooting you can use it at the lower magnification settings for wider and brighter field of view and you can just zoom in when needed.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/194584548700

Another with free shipping but with returns accepted ship on your dime. Lower 3-12×40 starting point at 3x. No possible rebate on this model but it is a rather good deal.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/363657820252?epid=24016606587&hash=item54abb1f85c:g:v-IAAOSwqk5hqRSW

I have a few of the Bushnell AR 223 side focus scopes and they are fine for close range airgun shots.

Both Bushnell AR scopes are Made in South Korea instead of China if that matters any to you at all.

This one is probably may be the best bang for your buck in a more than decent scope believe it or not. 10 yards side focus as seen on you tube Benjamin Kratos Akela videos Rick's shooters 1721 watch video see what it look like on the Akela. 

Surprisingly bright and clear regardless of how inexpensive it is. He states how nice it really is at the ending part of the video. Look like he is using the included scope rings too.

Seller offers free shipping and free returns with in 14 days if you not happy with it. Read the reviews on that eBay listing.

https://www.ebay.com/p/19011763482?iid=265342668376

https://youtu.be/CMg3grmM1ZU

I doubt you may need anything more expensive than any one of these scopes if only planning on shooting 10 yards. 

I was going to suggest Leapers Bug buster models with the side focus but the eye box is not too friendly as compared to these.

I have a Vector Optics Veyron 3-12x44 compact that I like a lot. It is short and lightweight and fits well on a bullpup. I don’t have expensive glass to compare it to but it’s bright and undistorted, zooms smoothly and tracks a box back to zero just fine. The side-focus is marked to 10 yds but mine actually focuses to about 7.5 yds at 12x.

I have the 4x16x44 on my Origin and like it a lot.

I am getting ready to order another Vector Optics 6x24x44 for an upcoming PCP purchase. I will try it out on my AF Talon until then.

I jus think the Vector Optics Veyron line proved great bang for the buck.