• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

N/A Saved by the bell

crowski

Dec 14, 2020
On, Canada
I was talking to my son about my targets and told him I wanted some bells. What I wanted was something to let you know you went through the 3/8 holes I drilled in my plate target. I went in the shop today to see him.
IMG_7435.jpeg
Starting to paint them darker colours now that I have a white background “snow”.
I don’t know how my son does it but he hunted these down. Cheap cow bells. They clang them at hockey games. Annoying
IMG_7437.jpeg
I have to remove the handles I’ll attach with chain to cover each hole, a not so great winter job, a little welding to attach bells to back of plate. He has 75 more coming this way. I’ll be busy but worth it.
I wacked this one with a HW97 .20 5 times.
IMG_7436.jpeg
Not going to leave in Will, probably won’t last. These will be near perfect for my plan. Crow

Hi crow. The thing about airgunners is their always thinking.lol Ouch, what distance was that? I might try hanging a few of those on my fence line. I think they would be better than tin cans. thx crow
You are welcome. 30 yds. I’m going to drill different size holes in the plates, now I have the bells to ring the shot. They’re working good, tried out this morning. Crow

I was talking to my son about my targets and told him I wanted some bells. What I wanted was something to let you know you went through the 3/8 holes I drilled in my plate target. I went in the shop today to see him.View attachment 411150Starting to paint them darker colours now that I have a white background “snow”.
I don’t know how my son does it but he hunted these down. Cheap cow bells. They clang them at hockey games. AnnoyingView attachment 411158I have to remove the handles I’ll attach with chain to cover each hole, a not so great winter job, a little welding to attach bells to back of plate. He has 75 more coming this way. I’ll be busy but worth it.
I wacked this one with a HW97 .20 5 times. View attachment 411157Not going to leave in Will, probably won’t last. These will be near perfect for my plan. Crow
I built a set up with this concept back in eighties. For mine I used two brass door bell chimes from a clock that was trashed, and hung a four inch putty knife, as a striker. Covered it with a plate with a 3/4 "hole, and covered that with a cut off clip board, so that with a target installed the X ring got the bells. We shot it at 100 feet. (Good Times) One day I blew the target down with a 357 mag. Lol

Reactions: crowski
I got the
You might want ti try a tougher metal to use as a striker. Then the bells wont take all that abuse.
My son got them at a liquidation guy. For next to nothing. He’s giving me 100 now . I have almost that many holes in plates. They’re not the greatest bells for this but I won’t be hammering just 1, it will be spread out. Should last me. Crow I don’t have the 357, luckily

I got the

My son got them at a liquidation guy. For next to nothing. He’s giving me 100 now . I have almost that many holes in plates. They’re not the greatest bells for this but I won’t be hammering just 1, it will be spread out. Should last me. Crow I don’t have the 357, luckily
you could glue or weld washer type hit zones on the cheap bells . edit maybe 1x1 squares of cheap 3/16 x 1 inch bar cut to square ?

I was talking to my son about my targets and told him I wanted some bells. What I wanted was something to let you know you went through the 3/8 holes I drilled in my plate target. I went in the shop today to see him.View attachment 411150Starting to paint them darker colours now that I have a white background “snow”.
I don’t know how my son does it but he hunted these down. Cheap cow bells. They clang them at hockey games. AnnoyingView attachment 411158I have to remove the handles I’ll attach with chain to cover each hole, a not so great winter job, a little welding to attach bells to back of plate. He has 75 more coming this way. I’ll be busy but worth it.
I wacked this one with a HW97 .20 5 times. View attachment 411157Not going to leave in Will, probably won’t last. These will be near perfect for my plan. Crow
or you can hang and cut in half , like cans ? maybe a few ?

you could glue or weld washer type hit zones on the cheap bells . edit maybe 1x1 squares of cheap 3/16 x 1 inch bar cut to square ?
I think I may adopt that idea.
IMG_7451.jpeg
There would be a hole in the bell in no time.
IMG_7450.jpeg
Hit it 50 times but it was on a long chain. It won’t spin when behind plate. Will repeatedly be hit in the same spot..
I have a friend with a very nice fab plant. I can use his shears and break. I’ll cut a plate for each bell. Then I can leave them in my will. Crow

I think I may adopt that idea. View attachment 411803There would be a hole in the bell in no time.View attachment 411814Hit it 50 times but it was on a long chain. It won’t spin when behind plate. Will repeatedly be hit in the same spot..
I have a friend with a very nice fab plant. I can use his shears and break. I’ll cut a plate for each bell. Then I can leave them in my will. Crow
let me know when you need my address for your will (please include shipping )😎

That's some nice damage on that cowbell. Sounds like fun to shoot at. Great project!

You are a piece of work. Crow😜
That's some nice damage on that cowbell. Sounds like fun to shoot at. Great project!
Hit it with a 97 .20.
I’ll have to reinforce them. I don’t mind, have the time now. There are better bells you can buy, no need to reinforce. I have a lot of holes to cover and these cost me nothing. Been looking for bells for a while, always too much dough, I’m tight. Crow

Reactions: Dogowsky