• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Sad news for the airgun community..passing of Will Piatt

Nation, 

I've just been informed that Mr. Will Piatt has passed on to the range in the sky.

He passed away Thursday June 2nd of a sudden heart attack. Will was 66.

His family plans on a private gravesite service. 

I've had the pleasure and honor to shoot with Will many times over the years, and to say he was a gentleman and ambassador for our sport is an understatement.

I'm at a loss and devastated by this news.

Please keep his wife Ginger, and the entire Piatt family in your prayers.

Here is a Go Fund Me that his son has set up, to an organization that meant the world to Will.

https://gofund.me/65aed908

Sadly,

Tom Holland 

Field Target Tech 

Fieldtargettech.com 

AirArcher,

All I know at this time, is that he passed away June 2nd, yesterday. As I hear more, I shall post it here. 

I'm as shocked and bummed about this news as much as anyone. Ruined my range day, still in disbelief...

Tom Holland 

Field Target Tech 

Fieldtargettech.com

Still waking up here and shocked and bummed too,

My decade and an half in Airgunning is very closely linked to Will Piatt, I grew with him and I will miss him. 

Just Tuesday he sent me a gun,....shocked here.

I don't have all the answers, I don't even know all the questions for situations like this. One thing I do know though is that we never lose people that we love, honor and respect ... even to death. They continue to participate in every act, thought and decision that we make. Their presence and personality will always leave an indelible imprint in our memories. We carry them around inside ourselves knowing that the good in them can be made manifest in us if we give them their proper place in our lives. No one ever dies, they just transition from one state to another. Death only comes if you are forgotten.

Shalom aleichem

Reactions: dgeesaman

Nation, 

I've just been informed that Mr. Will Piatt has passed on to the range in the sky.

I've had the pleasure and honor to shoot with Will many times over the years, and to say he was a gentleman and ambassador for our sport is an understatement.

I'm at a loss and devastated by this news.

Please keep his wife Ginger, and the entire Piatt family in your prayers.

Tom Holland

Well stated Tom. Anyone who has been around Field Target for more than a week has seen Will on the podium at every event he attended. 

Condolences to his wife Ginger, his kids and grandkids. Prayers for all. 

Gary P

Venice, Fl

E87B248B-D063-4774-A95E-3342BB76508E.1654279223.jpeg

Nation, 

I was told that Will passed due to sudden heart failure, Thursday, June 2nd. From my understanding, his family will hold a private graveside service.

Everyone who has ever met him, talked with him, or have any contact in the past with him, please post it here.

It would be great honor to Will, and his family will get to see what a great all around man Will really was.

Tom Holland 

Field Target Tech 

Fieldtargettech.com 

Reactions: qball