• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Sac Valley FT ( SVFTC ) April 2024 Match Report

What a season Opener !!! Beautiful sunny day, low winds @ 70 degrees !!!

After March's Rain Out, our season opener / Jim Cyran Memorial Match is in the books having a great turn out of no less than 28 shooters !!!
Our morning started about 7am getting all the gear out of storage box, bricks etc ... others started showing up shortly there after and we get the course all established by @ 8:00

As the crew starts arriving the tables start filling up with stuff for sale .. Rifles, optics etc !!! Some really killer stuff and great deals to be had if you were packing some $$$
We let the Swap meet run as we also opened up practice range sequentially. The shooters safety meeting was called at 9:25 when squad assignments were handed out.
28 folks on 15 lanes pretty much filled out the course ... and Away they went getting after the steel quarry

Todays event being the first of the 2024 season was set at a lower Troyer value and was by estimate a Cleanable course, tho as is typical a few real stinkers ( Small KZ ) targets were in play to catch those w/o good DOPE data and too much "I got this" feeling .. yea that evil match director strikes again.
On our offhand lane ( In memory of Jim C & his disliking Kneeling ) Lol ... if you could take all 4 shot Kneeling there were double points for the second target have days potential of 62 points possible. Many but not all took on the challenge.

MATCH RESULTS by Class & Finish Position XX/62

WFTF PISTON:

Jim P 56
Mark W 42
AJ 19

HUNTER PISTON:
Bill C 50
Bill R 22

WFTF PCP
Dave C 54
Chang 50
Ahmed 40
Tak A N/S

HUNTER PCP
Chris K 61
John B 60
Zach 59
Scott S 58
Darren T 56
Fred B 51
Erick 51
Pete P 50
Conrad R 49
John D 48
Dane S 47
Marty G 46
Kevin H 43
Weiye 40
Larry G 38
Jeff S 35
Grant 18
Jon Z N/S
Sam R N/S

Our morning started out with some wonderful breakfast muffins provided by Darren T thanks to wife Julie.
With Lunch provided post match everyone got to get fed as they finished up there match, this took near 1/2 hour as the stragglers finished up.
Pulled pork sandwiches & fix-ens were provided by Sam R, with Hotdogs & fix-ens, Mac & Potato salads, Chips & drinks. Appeared that all present had a great time as there was much laughter and expressed words of having a great time !!
A Thank you goes out to my wife Dawn who helped in the area prep & food serving activities.

Once we all had some lunch in us the crew quickly broke down the course and packed it back up for next month.
With stuff for sale still lingering on the tables those last minuet deals were made and gear left with new owners ... It was all good stuff !!!

THANK YOU to all those who came out today for our season opener and MEMORIAL match for Jim Cyran, may his memory stay with us.
Until Next Months match stay well, practice and have dreams of knocking down the steel when we converge once more using range #9 on May 26th 2024

Scott Schneider
SVFTC Match Director

i-Mm7mwqT-X51.jpg

JCM1.jpg

JCM2.jpg

Last edited:
What a great time with old friends, some amazing shooting .....Jim Poh was on fire with his springer 🔥. Chris slayed it in hft...thanks for all the hard work Scott.. always a good time......everyone shot well, they brought their best to honor Jim....
Dave
Thanks for all the hard work Scott (and crew). It was a great shoot.
and please thank your wife Dawn for the food.
and all those who provided food and buttons. (Julie, Sam, Darren etc...sorry if I forgot anyone)
Almost forgot Fred B for the drinks and chips. How could I forget ... I drank so much I had to stop and pee twice on the way back home.

Dave
Is your Nightforce for sale?
Does it focus down to 10 yards?

Last edited:
Thanks for all the hard work Scott (and crew). It was a great shoot.
and please thank your wife Dawn for the food.
and all those who provided food and buttons. (Julie, Sam, Darren etc...sorry if I forgot anyone)

Dave
Is your Nightforce for sale?
Does it focus down to 10 yards?
It does focus to 10, but not for sale... going eventually on a Elr powder rifle of my son's. Hold out til July and look at the new sightron S6 FT 10-60x56, focus to 9 yards and 90 degrees rotation on the parallax from 35 to 60. I hope to have one of the first ones to demo. Has a 16x mark and they say if you want a 12x mark they can do that in their custom shop in North Carolina...

Reactions: Green_Yamo
A wonderful start to the 2024 season. Thank you Match Director Scott, wife Dawn and support team as well as those who contributed food, drink and other goodies. The intro and safety meeting before the match was top notch as always with an emotional special recognition for the late Jim Cyran whose presence is missed by all who were fortunate to know and shoot with him. Some solid scores were posted, notably by someone wearing Jim Poh's face and smoking 56 targets with his spring gun. We've seen Mr. P struggle with equipment issues in the past, if this was the real Mr. P, it looks like he has them sorted out.