• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.
I have a RWS TX200 in .177 but would like to know how to determine if it is a Mk 1, 11 or 111? I'm sure that it's too old to be a Mk111. I do not know the difference other than each is a newer and improved version. I had read earlier that all the TX200's were Mark 11's but have no idea. Any info to share would be appreciated. Thanks

IMG_7688.jpeg

IMG_7689.jpeg

IMG_7690.jpeg

IMG_7695.jpeg

IMG_7696.jpeg

IMG_7697.jpeg

IMG_7698.jpeg

The RWS looks like a Mk2, since the barrel is not shrouded. This sample looks like a lefty so the compression chamber isn’t visible but there is a chance it has more bear trap detentes than the current Mk3. There is also a possibility it has a shorter stroke than the Mk3. It was increased from 81mm and 93mm to 98mm in the Mk3 (the Mk2 had different strokes for sub12 and FAC).

-Marty

PS. The Mk2 was launched in 1993, the Mk3 came out in 1998. The Mk1 came about in 1991.

Last edited:
Reactions: maxtrouble
It is a left hand model and being left handed has been an issue all my life. Power tools, especially circular saws cause me the most grief. Thanks for the information. I will add that the TX200 has the fit and finish equal to any rifle I own. That would include Winchesters Kimber and my Steyr Mannlicher. The Steyr is a very fine rifle with superb finish and fit.

Others are correct. This is a MKII. the MKI did not have the anti beartrap and the MKIII has a fully shrouded barrel. I have an RWS stamped TX200 MKII and an RWS stamped TX200SR MKII. Great guns! I'm also a lefty but I like the breach opening on the right hand side. Another giveaway that it is a MKII is the beech stock. Beginning with the MKIII, lefty's were only available in walnut.

I am generally ignorant of Air Arms guns, but FWIW here are some dates.

The TX200 and TX200SR were first offered in RWS catalog no. 14 (published 1995 - see below). Also in catalog 15, but not in catalog 18 (I don't have copies of nos. 16 and 17 unfortunately.) The odd mix of righty, lefty, beech, and walnut variants is interesting!

RWS's catalogs were published more or less annually, so the TX lasted with them until 1998 at the latest.

The only thing I know directly manufactured under the RWS name are airgun pellets and firearm ammo - in Germany. But the trademark was also used by Dynamit Nobel, the long-time US importer of Diana airguns, who also brought in Air Arms, BSA, Norica, Gamo, and other makes at various times.

549F6BE3-A01B-4555-B450-DF35E1652264.jpeg

Last edited:
Others are correct. This is a MKII. the MKI did not have the anti beartrap and the MKIII has a fully shrouded barrel. I have an RWS stamped TX200 MKII and an RWS stamped TX200SR MKII. Great guns! I'm also a lefty but I like the breach opening on the right hand side. Another giveaway that it is a MKII is the beech stock. Beginning with the MKIII, lefty's were only available in walnut.
Hi Lewis,
I actually have a beech stock, lefty, MKlll. I’ve never thought about it but is the lefty beech that rare In MKlll?
I never hear (read) anything about the tx200 SR (semi recoilles). What sort of mechanism achieves its “recoilles” status?
01B3D6CD-E698-4C1A-B7E8-727F5F64D2C2.jpeg

Last edited:
Lewis… I must have an odd one… it is a lefty beech stock with traditional hand checkering… few run off noted, imperfections only from man made… contacted factory and serial number showed it was shipped as a lefty…and a MKIII…however the loading port is on the right side…

DE7E65D3-9DDF-41EF-AC39-4597A22C0106.jpeg

B24CA265-195E-4561-98AE-FCEFCE1B8485.jpeg