• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Rws 54 vs weihrauch 95

So guys I’ve done research and both these two rifles are great rifles. But which will be superior in 22 walking around public land squirrel hunting. Either one I go with I’ll be using iron sights for a while till I can afford a good scope. But haven’t seen much on comparing these two rifles together. So if you could only have one in 22 which would it be?

I don’t have either gun but the HW95 is a lot lighter and cheaper but the Rws 54 is supposed to be very accurate. Airguns of Arizona has a HW95 combo with scope and rings for less than the RWS 54. The 95 .22 might prefer lead free pellets according to the AEAC YouTube video. Hardairmagazine.com has a review of an hw95 in .177. Do your research. I own two Weihrauch pellet guns and I love them both. Another to consider would be an HW77 they have open sights. 

The AOA .22 WEIHRAUCH Special Edition would be a perfect alternative to either. I bought one for an event and liked to so much, another one for me. I have a Diana 56 and have owned two 54’s, all superbly accurate and superbly heavy.

The two 77’s I have purchased both shoot sub 1/2” at 20 yards and sub 1 1/2” at 50. At $499, can’t be beat for a beautiful out of the box rifle. Both of mine are in .22 and are shooting +/- 15.5 ft lb, perfect for any small game hunting and pest control.

The AOA .22 WEIHRAUCH Special Edition would be a perfect alternative to either. I bought one for an event and liked to so much, another one for me. I have a Diana 56 and have owned two 54’s, all superbly accurate and superbly heavy.

The two 77’s I have purchased both shoot sub 1/2” at 20 yards and sub 1 1/2” at 50. At $499, can’t be beat for a beautiful out of the box rifle. Both of mine are in .22 and are shooting +/- 15.5 ft lb, perfect for any small game hunting and pest control.

Which model is the special edition 22 weihrauch? I’m getting no items found 

I have had both guns you mentioned. The 54 Air King is incredibly accurate, but not well suited for lugging around through the woods, and is a handful to cock....especially multiple times. It takes the nod for bench shooting !! I still have the HW95. Much, much better suited for mobility. It's VERY accurate, as well. Great build quality. Both were in .22 cal......recommended for humane kills in hunting situations. 

I have the HW98 and it's a spectacular looking gun.

1581953442_315687635e4ab1a26904a7.39138073_HW98 - 2 (Large).jpg

It's tuned, yet not capable of 700fps.

Pellets are all over the place at 50yds. Very pellet picky, settled in on the polymags as 'best', but even those aren't great.

I know, the hold is everything, but this thing is a scattergun no matter who's shooting it and some of the guys in our club only shoot springers - they know the 'hold'.

There's another PCP guy in our club that has one and he says his is terrible too.

IDK what the problem is, but at this point I'm ready to send it to someone to diagnose and fix.